HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Admissions Coordinator/PAI in Snellville, Georgia
Eastside Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation
This state-of-the-art Center located at Eastside Medical Center - South Campus on 2160 Fountain Drive in Snellville, Georgia features 20 private rooms and is focused on helping patients cope with the hurdles of recovery while preparing them for return to their life, work, family, active retirement and independent living.
Inpatient Rehab Services is seeking an RN for Admissions Coordinator/PAI.
_Position Summary:_* *
The Admission/PAI Coordinator assumes the responsibility for the coordination of an effective, efficient admission process for all patients by receiving referrals, coordinating to the clinical rehab specialist, gathering and verifying pertinent information, and completing necessary procedures to schedule and admit inpatients. This position is also responsible for the coordination of the IRF-PAI and compiles and inputs statistical information into appropriate hospital systems.
- Assist Internal Nurse Liaison with internal Rehab referrals
- Completes pre-admission assessment
- Codes patients in RICs (primary/secondary diagnosis)
- Provides family/patient with program info
- Reviews referrals with Medical Director or Physiatrist daily for admission approval
- Communicates with appropriate personnel regarding intake/admission process of all patients
- Obtains pre-certification/insurance approval for commercially insured patients
- Verifies that Medicare days are valid
- Completes IRF-PAI’s for admission/discharge in timely manner
- Collaborates with Medical Record Coders for etiologic and co-morbid ICD-9 codes
- Submits all PAI information to the national database in timely manner
- Keeps up to date with Rehab/PPS regulations
- Assists with orientation for Nursing/Therapy regarding FIMs scoring and credentialing
- Coordinates process for post discharge FIM follow-up calls
- Assists with review of program data/UDS outcomes
_Professional Requirements:_ 1. Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal, Joint Commission and Hospital Compliance Plan. 2. Maintains cooperative working relationship and good rapport with Medical Staff, hospital departments and staff and other organizations or entities related to hospital business. 3. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner. 4. Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the organization at all levels of the organization. 5. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
_Qualifications:_ * Licensed Registered Nurse required * Certified Rehab and/or hospital admissions experience required * Demonstrates working knowledge of acute rehab criteria, level of care requirements and medical necessity * Understands Medical terminology, regulations and parameters of third party reimbursements * Basic computer knowledge including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word required * Direct inpatient Rehab experience, one year or more, involving extensive knowledge of Rehab regulations. * Skilled Nursing Home and/or MDS coordinator experience will be considered. * Excellent interpersonal skills/communication skills * Excellent organization/time management skills * Excellent customer service skills; profession appearance * Crisis Prevention if requested
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Admissions Coordinator/PAI
Location: Georgia-Snellville-Eastside Medical Center - Snellville
Requisition ID: 08621-9778