HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Recreational Therapist -Behavioral Health PRN in Snellville, Georgia
Located at Eastside Medical Center-South Campus,our behavioral health department is a 24-hour 61 bed inpatient unit.
The department is divided into four locked units for our patients. Behavioral Health Services offers inpatient psychiatric stabilization and treatment for adults (age 18 ). Our treatment specialties are adult psychiatry, dual diagnosis and senior adults. Inpatient Services, is organized as described herein so that we may provide a high quality of comprehensive nursing care to all patients. Dual diagnosis treatment occurs within the context of milieu and group modalities of treatment.
* Must be available to work weekends, either Saturday or Sunday. Must be flexible to cover for PTO and vacation coverage. *
Position Responsibilities: * Implements activity therapy program for geriatric and adult populations Provides a variety of patient therapeutic & educational groups * Responsible for accurate patient assessments, progress notes and treatment planning documentation * Additionally, responsible to function well as a member of the multi disciplinary team. Department Specific Criteria: * Participates in activity therapy program, directs activity therapy groups, and provides activity therapy training to staff. * Maintains self-development, participates in Performance Improvement activities. * Utilizes effective communication skills and interacts with others in a courteous manner. * Demonstrates age-specific care to the patient populations served.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Therapy modality, Counseling or related field - required
- One to Three years related therapy/counseling experience
- Credentials need to be either CTRS (Recreation Therapist), MT (Music Therapist), or ATR-BC (Art Therapist)
- BLS – American Heart Association - required
- Crisis Prevention within 60 days of hire or transfer - required
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Good computer skills
Title: Recreational Therapist -Behavioral Health PRN
Location: Georgia-Snellville-Eastside Medical Center - Snellville
Requisition ID: 08621-9839