HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Charge Nurse (RN) Critical Care in Snellville, Georgia
_Eastside Medical Center__– Snellville, GA_ _Charge Nurse (RN) – Intensive Care Unit_ Eastsideis a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Centerhas been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women’s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
TheIntensive Care Unitis a spacious 24 bed general intensive care unit. It is designed with state of the art capabilities and is well equipped for caring for a varied population of critical care patients. Our unit is located on the second level of the hospital between the general medical floor and the progressive care unit. /__/
Eastside Medical Centeris currently looking for aCharge Nurse (RN) – Intensive Care Unit.
*Now is the time to apply! *
Charge Nurse coordinates the functions on assigned shift:
· Demonstrates responsibility for all nursing care delivered on the shift.
· Coordinates assignments and provides resources for nursing care.
· Ensures that the patient care assignments record is complete and nursing care is completed.
· Assesses the skills of the staff and the needs of the patients while making nursing care assignments.
· Reinforces and supports unit and organizational goals.
· Provides input to Director/Coordinator on performance of the team members on assigned shift.
· Bases decisions on sound nursing judgment and meets nursing standards of care.
· Assists in education development of staff members.
· Understands hospital Patient Satisfaction and Customer Relations programs and the priority placed on daily interaction of all employees with respect to hospital mission and shared values.
· Manages concerns of patients, physicians, families, visitors, and all customers.
· Communicates with the nursing supervisor, Clinical Coordinates, or Director regarding concerns and issues encountered on the shift.
· Possesses leadership skills to lead, teach, guide, and assist, in the evaluation of staff on the shift.
· Provides or coordinates preceptorship of new employees and students.
· Assists in ongoing staff development; can assess limitations of employees and provide appropriate clinical experience and educational opportunities.
· Assists in cross-training of employees within the department.
· Accepts responsibility of position and demonstrates authority to direct employees.
· Provides follow-up on performance issues and provides timely feedback to improve knowledge and skills of employees.
· Demonstrates age specific care to the patient population served as per RN position description and assures appropriate age specific care is provided on the shift.
_Qualifications:_ * Charge Nurse experience * Current Georgia RN license * Graduate of an accredited school of nursing * BLS – American Heart Association required * ACLS required * CPI (required within 60 days of hire) * Good communication skills * Good computer skills
Title: Charge Nurse (RN) Critical Care
Location: Georgia-Snellville-Eastside Medical Center - Snellville
Requisition ID: 08621-9644