HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Activity Therapist PRN in Snellville, Georgia
Eastside Medical Center is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission.Eastside Medical Centerhas been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women’s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
* Must be available to work weekends, either Saturday or Sunday. Must be flexible to cover for PTO and vacation coverage. *
Position Responsibilities: * Implements activity therapy program for geriatric and adult populations Provides a variety of patient therapeutic & educational groups * Responsible for accurate patient assessments, progress notes and treatment planning documentation * Additionally, responsible to function well as a member of the multi disciplinary team. Department Specific Criteria: * Participates in activity therapy program, directs activity therapy groups, and provides activity therapy training to staff. * Maintains self-development, participates in Performance Improvement activities. * Utilizes effective communication skills and interacts with others in a courteous manner. * Demonstrates age-specific care to the patient populations served.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Therapy modality, Counseling or related field - required
- One to Three years related therapy/counseling experience
- Credentials need to be either CTRS (Recreation Therapist), MT (Music Therapist), or ATR-BC (Art Therapist)
- BLS – American Heart Association - required
- Crisis Prevention within 60 days of hire or transfer - required
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Good computer skills
Title: Activity Therapist PRN
Location: Georgia-Snellville-Eastside Medical Center - Snellville
Requisition ID: 08621-9839