Forsythe Technology, Inc. Principal Engineer I in Skokie, Illinois
Forsythe Technology, Inc.
At Forsythe, security is every employee’s responsibility. Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans, Disabled.
Principal Engineer I
By joining Forsythe, you will help clients make smart IT investment decisions that deliver real results. Whether it’s securing data, managing risk, lowering costs or improving performance, you will work side by side with our Fortune 1000 clients on their data center and business needs.
With Forsythe Data Centers, you have the opportunity to be part of a company that is bringing to market the first facility of its kind with private, secure, and cloud-ready data center suites. The new facility houses a technology evaluation center where clients can see their planned solution in action.
Visit our case studies page to learn more about how we help our clients.
As a 100 percent employee-owned company, our employees have equity ownership and are committed to six core values: integrity, mutual respect, passion for excellence, accountability, client focus and teamwork.
The Principal Engineer I contributes to the design and is responsible for the implementation of best-in-class technology solutions for Forsythe clients. The Principal Engineer I will contribute to the development and evaluation of junior personnel via apprenticeship and QA activities to ensure efficient operation of the function. The Principal Engineer I is responsible for contributing to the overall company performance and meeting team financial objectives through efficient SOW delivery and early escalation of potential change requests.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
- Define client needs and oversee project milestones to ensure expectations, timelines, and budgets are met.
- Responsible for the overall quality of project deliverables and the successful design and delivery of multiple solutions.
- Identify and qualify follow-on opportunities and engage senior leadership.
- Establish procedures and recommend changes to policies that have a positive impact on the organization(s) and/or implementation team.
- Client Development
- Occasionally interacts with senior level management at client site or within Forsythe, which involves negotiating or influencing others on matters of significance.
- Build long-term, superior client relationships and proactively manage client expectations, and ensure that change control is used when scope boundaries are exceeded.
- Professional Development
- Maintain a strong network and promote the organization at various meetings, forums, panels, publications, and conferences. Begin to establish thought leadership in the industry.
- Maintain technical certifications and attend training sessions to refine technical skills.
- Responsible for oversight and apprentice training of junior resources as assigned in the field.
- Security is every employee’s responsibility, if you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Forsythe Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year College or university in Engineering, Computer Science, or Technology related field; OR equivalent experience and/or training in information technology/systems, consulting experience in IT infrastructure, finance and/or operations management; OR equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
- Cisco Identify Services Engine (ISE).
- Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Cisco network security portfolio.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of the field with proven leadership skills.
- Experience with Cisco data center switching (Nexus) and Palo Alto security portfolio desired.
- Ability to resolve complex issues and contribute to the unit/area development.
- Ability to provide guidance to subordinates and effectively manage resources to meet schedules, goals, and received assignments.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge of product/service and industry to identify and evaluate client needs and recommend the best solutions.
- Ability to set standards, targets, measures for products and services based on knowledge of current market trends.
- Ability to investigate highly complex and diverse issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships and lead clients and team members in a consulting environment.
- Proven ability to maintain a large, influential network of contacts with visible industry presence.
- Proven ability to achieve a high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engagements.
- Communicates in clear, concise and crisp messages to a variety of audiences that instigate appropriate actions.
- Effectively presents in a variety of formal and informal settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement.
- Manages time to focus on priorities and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Establishes a collaborative approach to problem solving ensuring that solutions generated by the team are tested and proven.
- 6 or more years of IT infrastructure experience, including:
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing Cisco ISE solutions.
- In depth system engineering experience involving hardware, software and services solutions at an enterprise level for product lines.
- Direct system engineering or support experience involving the delivery of hardware, software and services solutions at an enterprise level for at least one product line in the designated Forsythe practice.
- Direct involvement in working with internal and external teams to implement and troubleshoot simple configuration hardware, software and services.
- Proven experience presenting ideas and solutions to clients and adapting presentation style to fit particular client situations.
- One or more years of experience leading others in IT infrastructure implementation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, IF APPLICABLE:
- Ability to travel up to 60% nationwide.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: (In lieu of certification: equivalent education and hands on experience acceptable)
Forsythe is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We support a diverse workforce.
Skokie, Illinois, United States