Interstates Construction Services, Inc Instrumentation Service Technician in Sioux Center, Iowa
Sioux Center, IA, USA
Exciting things are happening at The Interstates Companies & we want you to join us!
As a Midwest-based, national construction, engineering, instrumentation, and automation group of companies, we serve manufacturing clients in building and maximizing the use of their facilities. Presently, we have a need for an Instrumentation Service Technician.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing instrumentation services including troubleshooting, configuration, installation, documentation, checkout, and commissioning of instrumentation and valves.
- Planning and scheduling work with clients. Managing workload to maintain effectiveness and productivity.
- Accurately documenting instrumentation service work and actively sharing instrumentation information with clients. Documentation will include work orders, billing worksheets, and timesheets.
- Maintain instrument as-built documentation.
- Performing other duties as assigned or required by supervisor.
- Work with 4-20mA analog signals and discrete signals. Experience with bus communication (ASi, Profibus, and Foundation Fieldbus is a plus)
- Remove pressure and temperature devices and perform calibrations to ensure accuracy
- Test instrument interlocks with PLC to ensure proper operation
- Install instruments and SS tubing
- Install, audit (voltage/amp check, megg), and commission heat trace to ensure proper heating and functionality
- Perform wire terminations on instruments and PLC panels
- Start up support for new instruments in new processes
Great people for this position will have: * Technical or Engineering Degree or 2 to 5 years of related experience; experience in configuration, calibration, installation, application, specification, maintenance, electrical construction, and/or troubleshooting industrial instrumentation is valued * Good communication (verbal, written, listening) and team work skills * A desire to work with great people in a casual, fun, growing company * Ability to work independently without supervision out of a home office * Valid driver's license and clean driving record * Ability to travel up to 75-100% of the time