Public Storage Internal Auditor in Silver Spring, Maryland
With more than 2,200 locations nationwide, Public Storage is the leader in the self-storage industry, and given our number of tenants, we may very well be the world's largest landlord. We've experienced unprecedented growth over the past four decades, and it's in no small part due to the dedicated team that has helped us become an S&P; 500 industry leader, the country's largest real estate investment trust (REIT), and the most recognizable name in self-storage.
Public Storage currently has an excellent opportunity for an Internal Auditor to be based out of one of these 2 states (Florida and Maryland). The successful candidate will work on-site, at a district office or home office as appropriate. The Internal Auditor will work with the VP of Internal Audit and the Internal Audit Services group to provide independent assurance and advisory services designed to assist management in meeting strategic objectives. Uphold the Internal Audit charter by promoting the efficient and effective use of internal controls at a reasonable cost, and the productive use and safeguarding of company resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel to various Company locations and perform on-site property audits, providing assurance on policy and protocol adherence.
- Evaluate and interpret trends and anomalies in operational and financial data to focus audit activities on highest risk areas of the Company.
- Prepare detailed reports on audit findings that are factual, clear, concise, and complete.
- Participate in evaluating internal controls supporting financial, operational and compliance objectives- including those related to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Make recommendations to strengthen internal controls where needed.
- Conduct or assist in special examinations and projects at the request of management or the Audit Committee, including matters involving conflicts of interest, irregularities or acquisition due diligence.
- This position requires frequent travel to company locations.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
- Proactive team player -- practical and innovative as well as flexible and nimble.
- Detail oriented, with ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Trusted business partner with strong written and verbal communication skills and unquestioned business ethics.
- Effectively use of time, money and company assets to provide timely focus on areas of greatest risk and exposure to Public Storage.
- Facilitate the sharing of organizational learning and best practices.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of best audit practices and industry current events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree in finance, accounting, business, computer sciences or Information systems is desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of internal or external audit experience, or demonstrated aptitude or commensurate experience. Commensurate experience could include operational management roles in 'big box' retailers or a franchise business model.
- Professional certification (CPA, CMA, CIA, CISA, etc.) a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience with Windows applications including Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word.
Public Storage offers competitive base, in addition to medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, STD, AD&D;, 401(k) with company matching, FSA's for healthcare and dependent care. Public Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: PSCorporate, Audit, Internal Audit
Job: Legal and Internal Audit
Primary Location: MD-Silver Spring-Silver Spring
Recruiter: Cheryll Berkenkotter
Req ID: 164876