Washington State TMC Tolling Liaison Engineer - Transportation Engineer 3 in Shoreline, Washington
*This position is open until filled. *
This position provides a primary point of contact and liaison for the Toll Division at the regions Traffic Management Center (TMC). It is responsible for the coordination of NWR Traffic services. This representative works closely with Toll Division personnel to develop an effective working knowledge of Toll Division business processes. This position is critical to the success of toll operations in the regions TMC.
Candidates are not required to have work experience in a TMC, but it is very important that they are advanced, or expert users of excel. This position requires a significant amount of traffic and toll data manipulation and reporting. It is also important that candidates have excellent technical writing skills.
WSDOT also offers outstanding benefits, a generous amount of paid
* time off (True Work-Life Balance), a defined benefit pension retirement plan, advancement opportunities, and *much more. Go to*State Benefits for more information regarding our comprehensive benefits package*
This position will also perform the following work:
- Lead the daily operations of the TMC engineers, technicians, and interns.
- Performs and supervises operational and traffic engineering analysis and prepares engineering reports.
- Makes recommendations for the improvement of freeway facilities based on engineering reports.
- Provides technical advice to the regions Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) design group.
- Analyzes internal TMC operations to look for and eliminate inefficiency and redundancy.
- Communicates with software engineers and programmers on TMC software enhancements, maintenance, and development.
- Observes and analyzes traffic flow and operational conditions via available ITS devices.
- Operates ramp meter system, VMS, HAR, ATM and monitor PC and CCTV displays.
- Controls and manages traffic flow around incident scene by deploying appropriate ITS devices.
- Coordinates incident management efforts with Radio Communication, field IRT, and local agencies.
- Communicates in verbal and written forms to the public on issues regarding WSDOT traffic operations.
- Communicates and coordinates work regularly with WSDOT public relations staff and Radio/Tunnel staff regarding traffic issues.
- Monitor and operate tunnel life safety systems including but not limited to fire suppression systems, lighting, and fans
- Communicate with the public and support groups.
- Perform site reviews at both current and future locations.
- Be available to be on-call when the need arises.
- Be available to work weekends, day, evening, night, and any shift when an emergency arises.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Possess a BSCE or EIT certificate.
- Proven leadership and analytic experience.
- Ability to type 30+ words per minute.
- Advanced or expert use of Microsoft Excel.
- Be available to be on call as need arises.
- Possess a valid driver's license or the ability to get one.
- Ability to work independently in the office or the field as needed.
- Ability to train new staff members with varying knowledge and backgrounds.
This position works the following days in the TMC: Monday. – Thursday (four 10 hour shifts), or Monday – Friday (five 8 hour shifts).
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit the TMC to learn more about our operation. To schedule a visit, email@example.com* Candidates can also visit the TMC websites (Seattle Traffic homepage, WSDOT TMCs, Active Traffic Management, Ramp Meters, HOV, Express Lanes) for more information. Note: This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, you are required to become a member of the PTE, Local 17, or arrange to pay that union a representational fee. The union shop requirement shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee's initial 30 days in this classification.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please hit the large apply button at the top of this announcement, you may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position, you will need to attach a resume and letter of interest to your electronic application and answer the supplemental questions. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position. Be prepared to provide references at the time of interview. Contact us:For inquiries about this position, please contact Peter Asaiat 206-440-4066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org*.* Please reference recruitment number 2016-NWR-147.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7042 or email email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-NWR-147
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $55,728.00 - $73,140.00 Annually
Location: King County - Shoreline, WA