Washington State Real Estate Acquisition Agent - Property and Acquisition Specialist 3 - In Training in Shoreline, Washington
**Please note, this opportunity has been extended. If you had applied for it previously you are still under consideration and there is no need to reapply.
This position is open until filled.
WSDOT is seeking a dedicated real estate professional to join the outstanding Property Acquisition team at our Shoreline office in north Seattle and assist in negotiating acquisitions needed for highway construction from commercial, residential, agricultural, and industrial parcels. The successful incumbent will have the drive and initiative to make a difference and to be the link between the public and WSDOT's award winning transportation program. If you'd like to work a flexible, day shift schedule, in a cooperative, team-oriented environment, this may be a perfect opportunity.
WSDOT offers outstanding benefits, generous paid time off (true work-life balance), a defined benefit pension plan, advancement opportunities, and much more. For more information regarding our benefits go to http://www.careers.wa.gov/benefits.html.
The candidate will perform the following work:
- Negotiate a variety of acquisitions such as easements, commercial and residential properties, strip acquisitions and some of which involve relocation of tenants.
- Understand and explain eminent domain appraisals and review appraiser's comments and analysis.
- Read and interpret maps.
- Read title reports and understand the chain of title; recognize the various encumbrances that impact a property, and understand the processes necessary to remove encumbrances where necessary.
- Assemble working files; maintain complete and up to date diaries, prepare fair offer letters and correspondence, negotiation reports, status reports, and transmittal packages.
- Track and report on status of assignments weekly or as requested.
- Contact private citizens, corporate entities, legal representatives, and local and state agencies; and obtain signatures for legal documents and information needed by the department to complete transactions.
- Conduct public record searches.
- Attend occasional project open houses and public meetings.
- Research information for projects and individual assignments, and to resolve specific owner concerns using personal contacts, site inspections, WSDOT support groups and procedural manuals, local public agencies, and electronic resources.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, real estate, or related field; Associate degree in business administration, real estate, or related field and experience in eminent domain transactions, and extensive experience in real estate sales.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with diverse populations, including management, property owners, technical staff, and other public agencies, evidenced by work history.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of real estate principles and procedures, including title reports; understand and interpret appraisals and real property value estimates.
- A Valid Driver's License or the ability to get one within six months of hire.
- Comprehensive understanding of legal descriptions.
- Professional experience with eminent domain acquisition; including understanding of eminent domain appraisal practices.
- Notary Public Certification or the ability to obtain it within 6 months.
This position is covered by a union shop provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, you are required to become a member of the PTE, Local 17, or arrange to pay that union a representational fee. The union shop requirement shall be effective on the first day of the month following the employee's initial 30 days in this classification.
How to Apply:
Applications for this recruitment will be accepted electronically. Please select the largeapply button at the top of this announcement, you may need to set up an account profile. To be considered for this position you will need to answer the supplemental questions, as part of the supplemental questions you will need to provide a letter of interest and resume. Your letter of interest should describe how your experience, training and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position. Be prepared to provide references at the time of interview.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Peter Asaiat 206-440-4066 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference recruitment number 2016-NWR-092.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7042 or email email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-NWR-092
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $46,884.00 - $67,884.00 Annually
Location: King County - Shoreline, WA