Honeywell Building Operator in Sherwood Park, Canada
_Building Operator- Sherwood Park, AB-00352045_ _ _ Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) installs, integrates and maintains systems that keep government, education, commercial and industrial facilities safe, secure, comfortable, productive and efficient. HBS is also a global leader in energy services, working with organizations and power providers to conserve energy, optimize building operations and leverage renewable energy sources. Our expertise is found in a wide range of services from maintaining building automation technology to building advanced microgrids that provide onsite generation and energy security to delivering comprehensive programs to help utilities and the electrical grid operate smarter.
Performing a wide variety of maintenance, repair, minor alterations and service functions the Building Operator operates and maintains designated buildings and related equipment in a manner which produces a safe, healthy, and clean building environment that satisfies customer needs and ensures building operating efficiency. The expectations of this role are to handle major emergencies and deal with events effectively with limited support and supervision from the local supervisor. In addition, the Building Operator will train and mentor junior operators on the necessary skills required to advance to a senior operator role.
The goals of this role are to maximize predictive and preventative maintenance activities that will decrease the need for emergency and corrective maintenance, reduce overall maintenance costs, and increase the reliability and appearance of buildings and their associated systems. A minimum of 70% of available time will be spent on operations and maintenance activities, and the remaining 30% on administrative tasks.
The position will be rotated between various buildings within the Honeywell managed sites. All Operator levels will be required to be on call on a rotational basis and for emergency callouts as required.
- Respond to all calls as directed by the Customer Response Center and Facility Manager and/or manage Customer Response Centre effectively
- Work on tasks as requested by the Customer Response Center or as directed by Facility Manager with limited supervision
- Follow safety guidelines and actively lead in establishing safe work plans
- Follow safe work practices and ensure work is performed in accordance with Honeywell work standards
- Prioritize activities to complete work as scheduled and in a timely manner
- Refer major problems, either mechanical, technical or tenant relations to Facility Manager for assistance
- Will be trained on our permitting process and Be responsible to issue
- Maintain all service tools and equipment in good working condition and arrange for repair or replacement as required
- Complete reports and paperwork within required timelines
- Provide technical guidance and assist in training all Building Operators levels (1&2) in routine tasks
- Perform risk assessments on more complex jobs
- Ability to Travel up to 75% of the time to local sites.
_Basic Qualifications:_ _ _ * High School diploma or GED and 4th class Power Engineering ticket (formerly Building Operator "A" Ticket o "B" Ticket) * 2 years of Building Operation or Stationary Engineer experience. * Valid Driver’s License * Ability to pass required Vulnerable Sector background check. _ _ _Additional Qualifications:_ _ _ * Technical diploma or trade certification an asset. * Excellent verbal and written communication skills that enhance promoting good customer relations, discussing problems, making recommendations, and preparing required reports * Customer oriented with positive attitude * Previous exposure and work experience with automated systems (i.e. electrical, fire alarm, mechanical, HVAC, piping, plumbing, etc.) * Mechanically inclined, and possess a “handyman” aptitude for minor building and systems repairs * Strong knowledge of work protection codes and accident investigation * Achievement oriented and resourceful to meet service delivery goals * Independent worker / self starter with a “hands on/task oriented” focus * Effective team player * Computer proficiency and demonstrated ability to use word processing and spreadsheet software, and working knowledge of basic Windows software programs
Click to learn more about Honeywell Building Solutions
Wonder what it’s like to work at Honeywell? Check out our One Honeywell Culture video on the Honeywell YouTube Channel
Is this job not an exact match to what you are looking for? Join Honeywell Talent Network to get updates, new opportunities, news and more. For more information visit our Career Site
To apply for this position, please go to www.careersathoneywell.com , change the country to Canada, and then enter requisition #00352045
*As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce. *
Job: *Customer/Product Support
Title: Building Operator
Location: CAN-AB-Sherwood Park
Requisition ID: 00352045