SKC Communications Warehouse Shipping Clerk in Shawnee, Kansas
SKC has a great opportunity to work in our warehouse. This is a full time position and offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. This is a shipping position and is a great opportunity to work with our team and could potentially lead to other opportunities with our company.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Stocking shelves every a.m. to prepare for the days orders.
- Determine who will pull and pack orders that particular day (puller sort’s orders from the shelves onto carts so packers can double check and ship through the manifest system.)
- All shipping crew members are required to pull, pack and stock.
- Review backorder shelf weekly.
- Counts and reconciles randomly chosen part numbers and/or locations.
- Verify stock on hand and in process matches values in accounting system.
- Assist in receiving (i.e. check product in, put product away, etc.)
- Fed Ex and UPS systems must be closed out and research done on any orders that need to be held over until the next day.
- Work in conjunction with Warehouse Manager for year-end inventory count and process.
- Cleaning work area.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
Special Physical Requirements
Ability to lift packages up to 30-60 lbs.
High School graduate
Some skills required with basic computer programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel
Excellent organizational skills
Strong computer skills
Self-starter and motivated
Excellent written and grammar skills
Great communication skills
Dedicated and reliable
Ability to multi-task is critical
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Location: Shawnee, KS