SKC Communications Project Account Support Specialist in Shawnee, Kansas
SKC has a great opportunity to join our Project Management team as a Project Account Support Specialist. SKC is on the top 10 audiovisual integrator list and has been named Ingram’s Fastest Growing Businesses for 18 years. SKC offers a full suite of benefits, including medical & dental insurance, flex spending accounts, holiday & vacation leave, and company-matched retirement savings. Our employee programs are designed to encourage ongoing personal and professional growth. SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere.
*MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES*
- Help managed and maintain all assigned tasks and coordination with SKC Project Managers, ensuring aggressive management of timeline, client communication and follow-up, proactive risk mitigation, fiscal management, client expectation setting and issue management.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Effectively applies SKC methodology and enforces project standards.
- Update and Complete information Sales Force and Microsoft SL.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Assist in managing all details related to product shipments and required project equipment.
- Assist with customer correspondence and follow up.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Collects and delivers completed manuals, drawings, software and other documentation to the customer upon job completion.
- Assists the Scheduler in keeping the Project Schedule updated.
- Assist Manager of Project Management, SKC Project Managers, Integration technicians and Design Engineers as needed throughout the process.
- Become technically proficient with A/V and Voice products and stages of room construction.
- Provide support and work with supervisor.
- Meet or exceed individual goals.
- Schedule warranty request and follow-up.
- Provide any other support to ensure SKC operates up to standards on a daily basis.
- Participate in introduction calls with customers before projects commence to reinforce billing expectations as outlined in the scope of work
- Enter all customer orders into system for projects which includes working with multiple departments to ensure efficient processing
- Reconcile orders in the system against original quotes and customer purchase orders throughout the course of a project
- Assist with revenue recognition process
- Create and manage progress billing for projects
- Invoice all project customers, most times creating pro forma invoices to meet customer needs as well as other necessary paperwork
- Make collection calls for any unpaid project invoices
- Update projected invoice dates on all projects
- Review all project product returns for accuracy and appropriate stock allocation
- Create miscellaneous reports for management as requested
- Provide suggestions regarding overall process improvement
- Maintain confidentiality
SKC Communication Products, LLC promotes from within and strives to recognize each associate’s individual talents. SKC believes that our associates are our company’s most valuable asset. Consequently, SKC enjoys low turnover, promotes from within and fosters a strong team atmosphere. SKC offers a business casual environment, and we encourage our employees to be creative and enjoy the time they spend at work.
* *Some travel may be required
College degree preferred
Prior Project Coordination experience
Proficient using Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
Accounting experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Great communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter and motivated
- Ability to adapt to new policies and procedures
- Problem solver
- Ability to prioritize tasks efficiently
- Analytical skills
- Dedicated and reliable
- Ability to identify cause and affect relationships
Ability to analyze customer situations, make decisions and solve problems under pressure. Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail. Basic numeric skills. Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors. Ability to communicate effectively face-to-face, in groups, and via telephone and written communication. Ability to travel. Ability to sit for long periods of time entering computer data, researching leads, and telephone communication (up to eight (8) hours). Ability to be detail oriented, work without supervision and must be available during working hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
SKC Communication Products, LLC (SKC) is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Category: Project Management
Location: Shawnee, KS