King County Washington Transit Administrative Support Specialist III in Seattle, Washington
*PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION IS NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. *
I am seeking letters of interest from current King County career service employeesinterested in a special duty assignment as a Transit Administrative Support Specialist III at Bellevue Base, day shift with Saturday and Sunday Regular Days Off. This assignment is expected to last up to six months with the possibility of being extended to one year.
Selection Process: A selection process will be used to determine the most qualified candidates. This process may include a review of the letters of interest, a record review and a written test. The written test may involve the use of a computer. The most competitive candidates may be invited to participate in a panel interview. Transit management will make the final selection of candidate(s) to be placed into the acting assignments. An eligibility list may be created.
Application Process: If you are interested in this assignment, please submit a letter of interest to Stan Lillquist, preferably by email at:firstname.lastname@example.org* or by mail at: M.S. BBM-TR-0100, by 3:00 p.m. Monday December 12th.* In your letter, please state how your experience and skills meet the qualifications and job responsibilities listed above; what you can bring to this position; and why this position would be consistent with your career interests.
This position will be responsible for reporting to and providing administrative and clerical support to the base Superintendent. Typical duties include:
- Serve as a primary point of contact for Chiefs and staff with questions on County and Transit Division policies, procedures and processes.
- Disseminate information on changing policies, processes and procedures.
- Coordinate and track both internal and external staff training.
- Coordinate and builds relationships with internal and external customers to ensure continued efficiencies and growth.
- Create and maintain a variety of documents, spreadsheets, databases and reports for specialized information.
- Produce Monthly Base Performance Indicators Reports.
- Develop and maintain lists of active projects, contracts, purchase agreements, or other program specific information (including warranty support); process and track invoices for payment.
- Requisition, receive and reconcile high volume orders of consumables for the base location, such as diesel and unleaded products.
- Monitor and track budget expenditures and research budget issues; order supplies and equipment; manage asset inventory information and surplus distribution processes; process uniform, shoe, travel and similar vouchers consistent with labor agreements; maintain petty cash fund.
- Perform payroll and timekeeper functions, ensuring timely and accurate payroll processing.
- Maintain electronic and paper base files for Vehicle Maintenance base superintendent, chiefs and base personnel, coordinate file transfers during services changes. Complete personnel related documents such as position requisitions, personnel changes, and special duty request forms for submittal to Transit Human Resources.
- Coordinates employee file transfers during service changes.
- Completes personnel related documents such as position requisitions, personnel changes and special duty request forms for submittal to Transit Human Resources.
- Track FMLA/KCFML usage and time balances; track and record attendance and miss records; maintain disciplinary action records as required in compliance with negotiated labor agreements; safeguard and process confidential information relating to terminations, discipline, drug testing and other personnel actions.
- Track and ensure timely processing of grievance procedures, contract requirements, and next steps; schedule disciplinary meetings and hearings; take notes, prepare and distribute hearing summaries.
- Perform weekly back-end base inventory cycle counts.
- Maintain and store base records in accordance with the King County Records Policies.
- Plan and coordinate special programs, recognition awards and promotional events.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
Three years of increasingly responsible office or administrative support experience; including two years of independent administrative responsibility for a group or team of professional, technical or management staff. Other qualifications include:
- Experience and proficiency with MS Office Suite products including word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, database, e-mail and scheduling software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to take accurate meeting minutes and produce concise meeting summaries.
- Demonstrated skills in development and production of a wide range of written materials.
- Demonstrated ability to draft, proofread, edit, compile and finalize official and technical documents for project managers, other decision-makers and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, organized, and use initiative to solve problems.
- Ability to produce work products under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions, working under pressure efficiently and effectively with competing priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure sensitively and effectively with a diverse clientele.
- Excellent ability to work with competing staff demands, needs and personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise good judgment, and accept personal responsibility for job.
- Demonstrated punctuality, dependability, and good attendance record.
- Ability to use initiative and judgment to prioritize and handle sensitive or confidential requests and inquiries.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot standard office equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain respectful working relations with coworkers, colleagues, internal customers and Superintendent; ability to deal with others with tact, diplomacy and courtesy.
- Knowledge of King County Family and Medical Leave, Family and Medical Leave Act and other HR leave statuses.
- Experience working with union representatives, tracking grievance deadlines and maintaining confidentiality.
- Experience with ORACLE, or similar, financial and procurement software.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, or similar, payroll and time-keeping software.
Job Title: Transit Administrative Support Specialist III
Opening Date/Time: Tue. 11/29/16 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 12/12/16 3:00 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $23.53 - $29.82 Hourly
Job Type: Special Duty Assignment
Location: Bellevue Base - 1790 124th Ave NE, Bellevue, Washington
Department: Department of Transportation - Transit Division