Amazon.com Sr. Technical Program Manager, Ice Team (Innovation) in Seattle, Washington
Your job will be to drive a program that build systems enabling Amazon engineers to remain agile in an exponential growth environment. As a member of Amazon's Innovation team, you will be focused on automating best practices, streamlining deployment processes, and building systems to uphold coding standards. The Innovation Team is focused on maintaining Amazon's agility while continuing to hire engineers at an exponential rate. Working with our stakeholders, Consumer Leadership Team (CLT), and customers (development teams that support the Retail Website) we establish goals to optimize technical growth.
The Innovation team is looking for a senior technical program manager to drive the development of systems and tools to support our Innovation program, focused on continuous technology improvements across the company. This energetic candidate will instill engineering efficiencies through educating and rewarding teams on how to incorporate best practices into their daily work. Working alongside your peers and technologists across the company, you will partner to deep dive and understand what’s hard about operating efficiently in Amazon's unique environment. The systems you build will influence the operations of hundreds of teams and thousands of services.
You will have the sponsorship you need from the Consumer organization’s top leaders to identify potential efficiency improvements in all facets of technology including: modernizing tooling and platforms; benchmarking throughput/dollar of AWS’ latest hardware and services; identifying and driving out large classes of waste; and simplifying complex and inefficient architectures to optimize service performance. Among your team’s legacy will be continuous and automatic diagnostic profiling which will drive continuous improvement across all teams.
You will be engaged in all phases of software development to build services to support our goal. Your systems will drive service and product efficiency opportunities, from idea generation to scoping, to strategy building and ultimately automation for self-monitoring, self-diagnosing and self-healing solutions. As the successful candidate, you will be a rock star technical program manager, be data driven, have the ability to creatively deal with ambiguity, and juggle cross-organization complexity. You will also have the leadership skills to influence your peers to build scalable and cost-effective systems. If you are interested in making a difference, come join our team. We’ve been waiting for you!
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires and develops great people
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks big
• Product development experience (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services)
• Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
• Prior experience as a software developer
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
AMZR Req ID: 465111