Amazon.com Sr PM - Custom Products in Seattle, Washington
Amazon's Furniture business is a core business within Amazon dedicated to providing customers a simple and comprehensive destination for discovering and purchasing a broad selection of furniture products across varied categories. It's an exciting time of big growth, big bets, and lots of innovation and experimentation as we seek to create new customer experiences and drive exponential growth in traffic and transactions.
Amazon is looking for an experienced Product Manager to own the development of the new Custom Product retail business. Your focus will be to define the growth strategy, build partnerships, and manage launches around the project road map, including a robust on-boarding plan to drive selection growth. Furthermore, you will work with businesses across the organization to assess new opportunities and define best-in-class capabilities for discovering and purchasing customized products online. This position will work directly with multiple internal teams, vendors, partners and management. This role is ideal for a leader with solid experience who is looking to develop into a senior management role.
A successful candidate will have the ability to understand technical concepts, communicate effectively, and achieve results in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should be adept at problem-solving and managing priorities efficiently. The position requires an individual who can work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Identifying key partners to grow selection and develop the interface/workflow for on-boarding vendors and product
· Researching, identifying, and developing new opportunities for Custom Products
· Conducting ROI analysis and making recommendation for initiatives that optimize cost structure
· Collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure successful integration with partners
· Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences
· Present to Amazon senior management as well as other large audiences.
· Bachelor’s degree required (BA/BS) – Economics/Business/Engineering
· 4+ years of experience in Product Management and Development
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management and Senior Leadership.
· Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, proven ability to influence others internally and externally and experience partnering with a world-wide sales organization
· Master’s Degree – MBA
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
· Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; strong bias for action.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule tradeoffs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
AMZR Req ID: 466410