Amazon.com Software Development Engineer in Seattle, Washington
From eCommerce to AWS to Kindle, Amazon has a history of innovation and invention. The People Technology group continues that tradition by focusing on building new ways for employees to interact with each other and Amazon’s distributed infrastructure.
People Technology is looking for engineers that want to work in a green field environment building large distributed systems that have high availability and scalability. They will be building systems that require both breadth and depth – identity stores that manage credentialing and permissions for critical data, orchestration and dynamic workflow systems to adjust to changing business needs, and frameworks to enable other teams to build clients and interfaces to other systems. For those engineers who enjoy working higher in stack there is work in both the UI and mobile space to support employees in the field.
We are currently hiring experienced technology professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit to get in on the ground-floor of this highly-visible opportunity. Teams in Boston, Vancouver and Seattle will lead this new work that support Amazon businesses to focus on what they do best: changing the world.
· BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· 2+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
· Proficiency in a modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
· Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
· Communication, sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
· Experience with designing and building large scale systems
· Experience with supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems
· Experience with multiple styles of Software Development Life Cycle
· Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
· Familiar with building secure software using modern security principles
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 443839