King County Sheriff's Office Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, Washington
King County Department of Information Technology (KCIT) is looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter to oversee the recruitment processes for the department, which has over 450 staff. In addition, this position will perform a broad variety of HR generalist duties for the department.
As the sole Senior Technical Recruiter, you will manage the hiring process lifecycle from initial consultation with managers to closing out the selection process and on-boarding the new employees. Having a keen understanding of the organizations' needs, you will be a partner with the department to develop value-added solutions to a wide variety of human resources issues while serving on the department's seven member HR team.
The best candidate will draw on robust knowledge of recruitment strategies, forging dynamic relationships with the business leaders and candidates. As an effective communicator you will foster open dialog with stakeholders, achieving cooperation through finding common ground. Dedicated to meeting the expectations of the business and the candidates, you will be skilled in collaborating with stakeholders to maneuver through complex situations utilizing both formal and informal channels. The best candidate will thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, work hard, have fun, and deliver outcomes.
King County Department of Information Technology KCIT is providing the building blocks for many of the region's most critical services. As the business solutions partner, we collaborate with the 18 County departments to develop products and services that better serve the needs of our customers and our community. To learn more about KCIT, please visit: http://kingcounty.gov/depts/it.aspx
As the first place recipient of the 15th annual National Association of Counties (NACo) Digital Counties Survey, KCIT was recognized for its vision, strategy, innovation, and collaboration. Previously earning top 10 digital county honors in the last eleven years from the Center for Digital Government, KCIT has a focus of delivering smart technology solutions that support customers, building stronger communities through innovative information technology.
Benefits King County offers a robust benefits package to support you and your family in a variety of ways. To learn more about the benefits offered here, please visit the Benefits website at: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/.
Work Schedule The normal workweek for this position is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Alternative work schedules may be considered. This position is not eligible for overtime pay.
Are you ready to apply? The recruitment for this position is open to all qualified candidates. A completed King County Application, resume, and a letter of interest are all required.In addition to filling the current vacancy, this position may be used to fill similar vacancies within the next six months.
Questions If you have questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Michael Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-263-2902, or Ralph Cady, email@example.com or 206-477-5998.
- Oversee the full spectrum of the hiring process ensuring a positive candidate experience.
- Partner with hiring managers to develop recruitment strategies that focus on the candidate experience while managing business expectations.
- Provides strategic guidance and is an advisor to hiring managers contributing to the long term health of the organization.
- Build and maintain a network of potential candidates through on-going relationship management.
- Assist in developing and tracking data trending standard measurements for staffing activities.
- Assist in the day-to-day administration of various human resources generalist duties, including employee and labor relations, performance management, and workforce planning.
Participate in the development, modification, and implementation of policies and procedures. Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
Three or more years of professional-level human resource experience with recruiting as the focus
- Knowledge and experience in the use and application of employment laws, regulations, practices and principles
- Strong consulting skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member, working collaboratively, building relationships, trust and rapport with others
- Problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills
- High level of influence and negotiation skills
- Skill in evaluating programs/processes and identifying process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to research issues, gather data from multiple sources, perform analysis, and recommend appropriate solutions in a timely manner
- Demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Office applications to include SharePoint
Skill in prioritizing and managing a heavy workload with constant interruptions Desirable Qualifications
Experience recruiting in an information technology environment
- Public sector knowledge and experience
- Experience in a union environment
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- PHR/SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, and/or Bachelor's Degree in related field
Job Title: Senior Technical Recruiter
Opening Date/Time: Fri. 08/11/17 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 08/27/17 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $78,520.83 - $99,530.08 Annually
Job Type: Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Location: Chinook Building - 401 5th Ave, Seattle, Washington
Department: King County Department of Information Technology