King County Washington Senior Human Resources Manager in Seattle, Washington
King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks is now recruiting for a Senior HR Manager. This is a promotional opportunity for current King County employees.
Our main office is located in downtown Seattle, Pioneer Square District in the King Street Center Building. For more information about the work of the department, please visit http://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/dnrp.aspx
Senior Human Resources Manager:**
This position is responsible for leading the department's efforts through the work of the divisions in administering our human resource programs. This effort is shared with a centralized Human Resources Division where this position is the main liaison for the department. The department is very complex as each division has several lines of business. In addition, the majority of the staff is unionized. The current work program for this position includes the following:
- Leading the recruitment team to update its recruitment practices with a focus on racial diversity
- Developing a supervisor/manager development program
- Standardizing the baseline for workforce development activities to ensure that we are positioned to hire or promote staff as employees retire
- Strategizing with division leadership to guide their organizational development needs
- Coaching staff on employee or labor relations, career development and other needs
- Developing strategies that assist divisions and teams with efforts related to addressing personal, cultural and institutional bias
Successful Candidate will have:
- Experience developing and implementing strategic recommendations, goals, and plans for HR program in a complex organization
- Knowledge and skills to Understand and provide appropriate guidance on current principles and practices of employee and labor relations.
- Experience implementing strategic changes designed to advance workplace inclusiveness and employee engagement.
- Knowledge and skills to understand and advocate for equity and social justice within the workplace and in deliverance of our services.
- Strong communications skills that work well with a team and for developing and maintaining partnerships.
- Experience managing and coaching staff through growth and performance milestones.
- Skills in utilizing appropriate change management strategies to support the business goals
Skills in using office and human resources software to analyze and deliver work product. Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in business or public administration, human resources or other related field and
- Ten years progressively responsible HR and Labor Relations experience
- Or any combination of experience/education/training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work Selection Process:
Candidates selected to interview will be informed on Wednesday, December 14th. _ Interviews will occur on Monday, December 19th._ Selected candidates will be invited to take an online assessment before or after their scheduled interview.
Job Title: Senior Human Resources Manager
Opening Date/Time: Wed. 11/30/16 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 12/12/16 4:30 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $104,520.00 - $132,496.00 Annually
Job Type: Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Location: King Street Center - 201 S Jackson St, Seattle, Washington
Department: Department of Natural Resources & Parks - Director's Office