Amazon.com Quality Assurance Manager in Seattle, Washington
Amazon Lumberyard is a free AAA game engine deeply integrated with AWS and Twitch, available with full source. The Lumberyard team aspires to help game developers create the highest quality games, engage massive communities of fans, and connect their games to the vast compute and storage of the cloud.
The Lumberyard team is looking for a great manager and leader to join our QA leadership team. You are passionate, creative, excited about games, and have experience managing teams and working closely with groups both onsite and in remote locations. Your experience during all phases of product development, from initial design to final release; your ability to cross functional boundaries to improve processes; and the way you’ve evangelized quality across disciplines – all of these will be critical to our success. Your attention to detail and your high quality bar will directly support our goal of delighting our customers.
What can we offer you in exchange? You’ll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones, and not be limited to “that’s not how we do things here.” You’ll have an opportunity to work on game development experiences that push the boundaries of technology. You’ll have a tangible impact our technology, our business and -- most importantly -- our customers. And you’ll have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
If this sounds like a good fit, let’s talk.
· 5+ years of experience in software QA/test
· Proven experience in building and managing a test team
· Demonstrated experience developing high-quality test plans and test reports
· Experience working in QA through all parts of the software development life cycle
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, and the product development cycle
· Great attention to detail, critical thinking, solid communication and proven leadership skills
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· 3+ years of experience leading QA teams
· Experience shipping 3+ products (guiding them through a full QA process)
· Experience working in an Agile and test-driven development environment
· Experience driving continuous integration models into code teams
· Passion for and knowledge of games and digital/online entertainment
· Knowledge of and experience with a major game engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, CryEngine)
· Proven success in communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
· Ability to track multiple test efforts simultaneously and report results
· Creativity and initiative to continually improve test coverage and effectiveness
· ISTQB or equivalent qualification
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 466415