Amazon.com Product Safety Analyst in Seattle, Washington
Our vision for Product Safety is to support Amazon’s mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from potential hazardous or prohibited products. The Product Safety team is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented Product Safety Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly visible regulatory compliance area and be part of a vibrant and fast-growing company!
The position is responsible for supporting the Product Safety Compliance program at Amazon and ensuring compliance with all relevant safety and regulatory guidelines for our products. This position will develop strategy, build new solutions and processes, and support the ongoing operations and investigations for the Product Safety Compliance program. We are looking for a talented Product Safety Analyst who has direct experience with global consumer product regulations to support our rapidly growing and evolving businesses.
The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about regulatory requirements and Amazon’s product safety program. The successful candidate is willing to dive deep and is passionate about protecting Amazon customers, Amazon sellers, and Amazon’s bottom line.
What you do
• Participate and conduct product safety and risk analysis for all assigned cases.
• Work directly with business partners, technical teams, and associated stakeholders to develop processes and associated documentation requirements.
• Review regulatory requirements and incorporate those requirements into the development of investigation processes.
• Organize independent consultant and laboratory reviews and tests to validate safety compliance.
• Design and perform trend analysis to identify and mitigate risk in high risk categories.
• Continuously identify and communicate improvement opportunities.
• Leverage technology to manage compliance processes.
• Create and monitor business metrics to track compliance and process effectiveness.
• Manage benchmarking studies against equivalent products.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience working with large data sets.
• Experience with Excel, Word, and other common desktop software applications. Must also be comfortable learning web applications and proprietary software.
• MBA or related advanced degree
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Experience driving process improvement with technology.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to core values and dynamic corporate culture.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
• Ability to work independently and autonomously.
AMZR Req ID: 444406