Amazon.com Principal Product Manager, Amazon Education in Seattle, Washington
Are you interested in helping Amazon Education build products that enable learners and educators? Are you interested in leading a highly visible project to build a solution for purchasing and distributing digital content in bulk? As we expand our product portfolio to work with educational institutions and corporations, we are looking for an experienced and visionary Principal Product Manager to lay the foundation for delivering educational materials to learners.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining the product vision, requirements and roadmap for a new product and business opportunity for Amazon Education. You will develop the strategy and will partner with key stakeholders to develop roadmaps to unlock new segments. You will define a prioritization framework that can be used to prioritize the different segment opportunities. This role is inherently cross-functional and cross-organizational, partnering heavily with Amazon Business. Due to the size of this project, you will need to be able to manage how the work is divided among other product managers.
The ideal candidate has a strong focus on delivering digital products to new customer types and combines product expertise with an ability to build the business case to evaluate new opportunities. He or she has great abilities to influence across organizations while driving a specific roadmap and detailed product requirements for a software development team.
In this role you will:
· Determine customer needs, MVP, business models, and go-to-market strategies for key market segments
· Set long-term vision, own the product roadmap, and align company-wide assets/dependencies spanning multiple product teams
· Own the development of detailed product requirement documents
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among market segment, customer experience, schedule, performance, and cost
· Work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and product management teams to deliver on the product roadmap
· You will move fast, innovate, and find ways to simplify
· 7+ years in product management is required or related experience that demonstrates strong analytics and project leadership skills
· Excellent cross-functional project management skills
· Excellent quantitative data analysis and critical-thinking skills
· Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and product management counterparts to deliver online products/services
· BA/BS required
· MBA preferred
· B2B experience
· A passion for education
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 466611