Center for Infectious Disease Research Manager, Research Administration in Seattle, Washington
An exciting opportunity is available for Manager, Research Administration. This individual will lead the Research Administration team, and will have ultimate responsibility for managing all operations relating to the development of, application for, and subsequent post-award administration of externally funded grants, contracts, fellowships, and subcontracts (incoming/outgoing). The Manager of Research Administration will partner with faculty and advise on preparation of grant, contract and fellowship applications and review applications for compliance with rules and regulations. The ideal candidate is a genuine team player who can work closely and cross-functionally with all leaders of the Center to improve operations and accomplish goals, and will link grant and contract management to the accounting and budgeting functions of the Finance Department.
- Experience working in a non-profit, scientific research environment, including working knowledge of Federal grants and contracts
- Experience with NIH research grant application submissions, awarding mechanisms, and regulatory requirements (R01, R21…)
- Experience with the preparation and submission of cooperative multi-center/project agreements. (U01, U19…)
- Experience with the RFP, bid and proposal process for Federal Contracts
- Management/Leadership experience, minimum 3 years
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience with building grant and project budgets
- Familiarity with budget reports and analysis
- Strong computer skills and experience with applications including the MS Office suite Word and Excel in particular. Experience with electronic application submission applications a plus.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Successful Candidate will have:
- Strong organizational leadership and management skills
- Ability to partner effectively to influence decisions and change
- Ability to identify opportunities and solve business issues through developing and implementing processes and systems solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team focused on “servicing” internal groups
- Ability to partner successfully with faculty to advise on preparation of grant, contract and fellowship applications
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
Nearly 40 years ago, the Center for Infectious Disease Research was founded as an independent non-profit organization devoted to the research of global infectious disease. The Center holds true to those roots today, having grown to include over 250 staff members who work collaboratively with one common goal: to eliminate the world’s most devastating infectious diseases. To learn more about the Center for Infectious Disease Research and the remarkable individuals you would support, please visit our website at www.cidresearch.org
Apply online through our website at https://cidresearchcareers.silkroad.com/. If you need assistance with our online application contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via e-mail at email@example.com. Additionally, the affirmative action program/plan is available for review upon formal request by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources office during regular office hours.
The Seattle Biomedical Research Institute dba Center for Infectious Disease Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tracking Code: 201669
Job Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular