Amazon.com Learning Technologist and Instructional Designer in Seattle, Washington
The AWS Leadership Development and Talent Management (LDTM) Team is seeking a Learning Technologist with experience building and designing innovative learning delivery platforms. The solutions that you create could include alternative delivery models that balance classroom based learning with more scalable delivery platforms such as e-learning, virtual reality and gamification in learning for AWS employees globally. The role will involve utilizing instructional design methodology to design and develop interactive e-learning curriculum. The Learning Technologist will also build a detailed blueprint and design online tools and platforms to curate learning content currently available across Amazon to provide customized learning recommendations for AWS employees.
This role is located at our corporate headquarters in Seattle, WA.
Optimize the operations of Amazon’s current LMS (Cornerstone on Demand) and fully leverage the LMS to serve the learning needs of the AWS organization.
Work closely with the Instructional Designers to design and develop e-learning course materials to supplement classroom training
Creatively use instructional design, learning methods, and appropriate technologies to enhance learning and engage learners through blended learning solutions
Assess, develop and implement innovative networked learning solutions that assist the business to meet strategic initiatives and future growth
Use Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, and other eLearning authoring and multimedia tools to create production-ready content for video or web-based courses
Design in-house content curation learning solutions which helps organize and share the most relevant internal learning content
Manage projects and processes in an entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities
Work with a diverse group of stakeholders across AWS and geographic regions to understand learning needs and to validate effectiveness of solutions.
Communicate effectively to stakeholders and partner with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) in the AWS Work suite team to identify potential tool launches and technology wireframes that can be leveraged by the LDTM team
· BA or BS degree in a relevant field such as instructional technology, educational technology, organizational development
· 7-8 years of work experience with solid career progression in the field of instructional design, including significant experience in designing and delivering e-learning solutions to large organizations
· Demonstrated experience developing courseware to current Industry and adult learning standards, performance support aids, online tutorials and/or other training materials, including gaming modules
· Experience working with Learning Management Systems like Moodle, Cornerstone (Amazon’s current system)
· Multi-media development skills in audio, video, and/or animation
· Proficiency in creating SCORM compliant instructional content
· Solid project management skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results
· Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication abilities including skills in explaining technical topics to novices and collaborating with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Powerpoint and Excel)
· Master’s Degree in Learning Design and Development
· Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
· Experience designing global learning solutions for a diverse audience
AMZR Req ID: 466418