Amazon.com Head of AWS Global Trade & Product Compliance in Seattle, Washington
AWS is looking for an experienced senior trade and product compliance leader to support our rapidly growing and evolving Amazon Web Services (AWS) businesses. AWS is a fast-paced, innovative company that is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, browsers, and more.
The Head of AWS Global Trade & Product Compliance will build this program to support AWS operations on a worldwide basis by defining, implementing and overseeing our trade and product compliance programs worldwide. This leader will build and managing a team of compliance specialists responsible for executing a broad range of import and export compliance matters and ensuring compliance with products regulatory requirements, while building trust with key stakeholders. This role includes establishing a strategic trade program, run the tactical operations of the team, and integrate the trade and product processes into one data-driven streamlined business process. This leader will need to effectively build executive and team relationships and work directly with AWS Engineering, Developing, Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Legal, Global Trade Services, Tax and a variety of global internal businesses and outside manufacturers/vendors to drive compliance across AWS businesses. This position will be located in Seattle and be an integral part of the business team.
· Build the AWS trade and product compliance teams in a way that meets the needs of the business.
· Build the procedures, processes and controls to support AWS operations, shipments, customers, and businesses, architecting them in a way that is scalable and agile as AWS continues to evolve.
· Define and drive development of tools and automation that creates a reliable framework for the processes and controls to operate and that maximizes import and export efficiency.
· Engage with business stakeholders to ensure compliance with global trade and product regulations. This includes AWS Development, Supply Chain, Procurement, Operation, Transportation, Tax and other business teams, including affiliated businesses such as Legal and the Global Trade office.
· Develop strategies that will allow the business to benefit from trade compliance initiatives such as free trade agreements.
· Monitor for worldwide changes in trade compliance that may impact the business, and prepare for these changes.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline.
· 7-10 years experience in product and trade compliance regulatory environment, preferably dealing with a technology company. Import / export classification experience, including export controls
· Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders, think strategically, and build compliance processes that enables business and minimizes compliance and operational risks.
· 7+ years of experience with regulatory compliance including developing and implementing compliance programs internationally.
· 5+ years experience managing global projects and experience driving process improvement with technology.
· Management/supervisory experience, with experience in building teams.
· Ability to travel internationally.
· MBA or advanced degree
· Experience in product or trade compliance automation and tooling
· Experience managing products compliance programs for a technology business
· Ability to engage in high level strategic thinking and creative and detailed execution
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work well within a team
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
· US Customs Broker License preferred
· Ability to work independently and autonomously
· Multilingual is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 450507