King County Washington Emergency Management Program Manager in Seattle, Washington
King County's Office of Emergency Management is looking for an Emergency Management Program Professional. This position will coordinate and manage Emergency Management programs and projects involving inter-agency, inter-jurisdictional and multi-disciplinary coordination.
This position will be integral to planning and development for present and future services; and will involve daily interaction with senior-level management, elected officials, and multiple inter-governmental partners. This role requires a self-starter who is interpersonally and politically savvy, is a great problem solver and strategic thinker, and has passion for being a servant-leader for our community.
SCOPE OF JOB DUTIES – In order to be considered minimally qualified for this opportunity, you must demonstrate skill and ability to:
- Participate in the development and administration of multiple emergency management programs which may include: complex components of the County's Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, Continuity of Operations Plan, Regional Coordination Framework, and mitigation and recovery plans;
- Participate in Emergency Coordination Center (ECC) operational readiness activities including writing procedures and coordinating maintenance of equipment, training and exercises;
- Be a contributing member of various emergency management and public safety committees; participate as a member on a variety of other related committees;
- Analyze and assist with development of recommendations for process improvement, reducing waste, and promoting value-added activities during day to day operations, and during Emergency Coordination Center (ECC) activations;
- Manage the development, planning and execution of complex Emergency Management programs and projects. Engage in strategic planning activities and recommend legislative and other policy actions when necessary;
Lead staff on an on-going or project basis which includes: assigning, scheduling, coordinating and reviewing work; serve as a mentor to other staff; participate in hiring and training of new employees. WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO:
Are knowledgeable *with current emergency management principles and practices and Federal, State and County laws and regulations pertaining to emergency management operations, programs and services; *OR any combination of education and experience that clearly demonstrates the skill and ability to perform the job duties;
- *Have executed and understand *the current principles and practices in project management and program management;
- Can be strategic and collaborative in their approach to Program and Project Management;
- *Are able *to inspire vision and purpose in how we do our work;
- *Are able *to conceptualize, develop and implement strategies, systems, standards and plans for a wide variety of functions. Use continuous improvement techniques such as LEAN to accomplish these initiatives;
- Have a track record of developing and maintaining working relationships with a variety of constituents and individuals from diverse backgrounds;
- Are flexible and can adapt as required, while working in a multi-faceted and sometimes ambiguous environment;
- Are comfortable and proficient with the use of office productivity tools in daily work (the County uses Microsoft Office, and other online collaboration tools);
- Have experiencein developing training curriculum and exercises using the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program.
- Are knowledgeable of current principles and practices in training and professional development programs;
- Have participated in or completed the FEMA Master Exercise Practitioner Program is highly desirable; THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
This exciting opportunity to join County government is open to all applicants. A King County Application *(paper or electronic) is required. *We highly encourage you to include a resume and letter of interest with your application materials.
This position is represented by Local 17, Emergency Management.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity or require accommodation, please contact Sharon Gadzik *at, *email@example.com, or 206-263-8694.
*NECESSARY SPECIAL INFORMATION - *Successful candidates for this position must:
- Obtain and maintain a valid Washington State Driver License;
- Pass a thorough background check/investigation;
- Serve in the Emergency Coordination Center (ECC) in an operational capacity or at other locations as may be assigned during exercises, emergencies or disasters;
- Be willing to work extended hours, nights and weekends with minimal notice and carrying a pager and cell phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week; requires carrying an 800 MHz radio and reference materials King County is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and we encourage people of color, women, veterans and people with disabilities to apply. __
Job Title: Emergency Management Program Manager
Opening Date/Time: Fri. 08/11/17 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 09/03/17 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $82,335.14 - $104,364.62 Annually
Job Type: Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Location: Regional Communications & Emergency Coordination Center (RCECC) - 3511 NE 2nd St, Renton, Washington
Department: Department of Executive Services - Office of Emergency Management