Washington State DSHS WorkFirst Program Specialist in Seattle, Washington
We're looking for someone to provide case management and evaluate services for a broad range of individuals seeking WorkFirst assistance.
The King North Community Service Office in Seattle looking for a WorkFirst Program Specialist to join their team.
Some of what you'll be doing:
Providing case management to Temporary Assistance for Needy Families clients on an on-going basis in order to promote and assist clients in achieving economic self-sufficiency;
- Evaluates services for a broad range of individuals seeking WorkFirst assistance through the local community services office.
- Determines each client's eligibility and appropriateness for Diversion Cash Assistance.
- Application processing and case management to clients on on-going basis.
- Develops Individual Responsibility Plans and reviews plans, evaluates client's needs and activities.
- Answers questions, updates Individual Responsibility Plans and assesses eligibility for additional requirements for walk-in clients.
- Assesses the need, authorizes and facilitates appropriate support services; make independent decisions in the referral of clients to internal/external resources to enhance their employability.
- Conduct orientation for new and returning WorkFirst parents.
Here's what we're looking for:
One year of experience as a Financial Services Specialist 3 or equivalent experience determining eligibility for social or financial service programs.
Question? Contact Lindsay Taylorat (509) 363-4971 and refer to 10447.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10447 C737
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/4/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,453.00 - $4,532.00 Monthly
Location: King County - Seattle - N. Seattle, WA