Washington State DSHS Human Resource Consultant Assistant 2 in Seattle, Washington
Human Resource Consultant Assistant 2 (HRCA 2)
Do you have a passion for Human Resources and excellent customer service skills? Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity with growth potential? Apply today!
The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) is looking for a Human Resource Consultant Assistant 2to join our dynamic and elite team of HR staff located in Seattle, WA. Our ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and the ability to work independently. Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude are a must!
Some of what you will be doing
- Process personnel actions, benefits, and other available programs for new, transferring, promoting or retiring staff.
- Accurately prepare appointment letters and correspondence including determining appropriate salary
- Work with the Classification and Compensation unit to process position requests for establishment, reallocation or other position actions.
- Process documents for inclusion in imaged personnel files, position files, and computerized programs
- Prepare organizational charts, maintain HR records and prepare HR reports
- Accurately process unemployment claims and I-9 verification forms
- Complete and process HR and payroll documents, including: drafting appointment letters, providing new employee orientation, I-9 verification and setting and maintaining personnel files.
Answer questions from employees and public regarding state employment. What we are looking for
Demonstrate core competencies; consulting, analysis and problem solving, communication and interpersonal interaction, customer and business orientation, teamwork and research.
- Ability to communicate concepts, both orally and in writing, in a manner that is understandable and appropriate for the audience.
- Ability to discuss and problem solve issues of a highly personal nature, requiring a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment and resolve problems.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with a wide variety of individuals at all levels and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Ability to protect highly confidential or sensitive information.
- Ability to establish effective internal work procedure
Ability to establish trust and credibility with others. Who should apply Individuals with:
4 years of office experience including 2 years of experience in a human resource or related setting *Please attach a cover letter and resume to your online application. *
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-08099 VD89
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $2,857.00 - $3,721.00 Monthly
Location: King County - Seattle - Central Area, WA