Amazon.com Data Analyst in Seattle, Washington
Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being “the world’s most customer centric company.” Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also our sellers. World-class retail brands and individual sellers increase their sales and reach new customers by leveraging the power of the Amazon e-commerce platform. Over 2 million sellers offer new, used, and collectible selections to Amazon customers around the world. To meet our sellers’ needs, our smart, diverse, customer-obsessed employees are constantly innovating and building on new ideas.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is an Amazon service for our sellers. The FBA team partners with sellers and our Amazon fulfillment centers to create a seamless experience for sellers to leverage our world-class facilities. 71% of sellers who use FBA report more than a 20% increase in unit sales after joining FBA. In a very real way, we are changing lives with the work we do. Our FBA employees wake up every day thinking about how to enable our sellers to be successful on our platform. Enabling seller success allows us to provide Amazon customers with unparalleled selection and pricing. FBA is a win for sellers and a win for customers.
FBA is looking for a highly analytic, curious, resourceful and experienced data analyst to analyze the impact of existing initiatives, deep-dive/root cause issues as they come up, develop new business metrics, identify and quantify opportunities for business development, and partner with internal stakeholders to help drive the business.
· Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Develop solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity.
· Write high quality code to retrieve and analyze data.
· Seek opportunities to inject advanced analytical techniques into Fulfillment by Amazon’s current environment.
· Partner with product managers and other stakeholders to drive development of metrics and analyses necessary for evaluation and implementation of new strategies.
· Manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
BS in CS, Math, Statistics or related field
Expertise in MS Excel
Expertise in SQL and/or other relational databases
Analysis and communication skills
1+ years of analysis experience
Background in Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field.
Experience with R, MATLAB, SAS, or other statistical toolset
Knowledge of AWS Infrastructure including S3, Redshift and RDS
Proven ability at looking at solutions in unconventional ways. Sees opportunities to innovate and can lead the way.
Top notch communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to convey key insights from complex analysis in summarized business terms and an ability to effectively communicate with technical teams.
AMZR Req ID: 466007