Amazon.com Business Intelligence Engineer in Seattle, Washington
Business Intelligence Engineer
Amazon is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer to join a new product team. This position will play a key role in uncovering deep insights about how our customers interact with the product, and make data driven recommendations about the next generation of products and features we will create. Our team is responsible for building an innovative new product. If you are passionate about participating in a team that will create something new to change customers’ lives, this is a great team for you. Your work will be agile, keeping pace with the rapid innovation in the product team. You will work closely with product management, user research, and engineering to better understand customer needs and delights, and define and analyze the KPIs.
At Amazon, data drives the way we make decisions. We love our customers and understanding them better makes it possible to provide the world's best customer experiences.
Problems you will work on every day will include:
· How do we understand long term usage trends?
· How do we define customer segments to better understand our customers, and tailor the experience for them?
·· Build statistical models, apply machine learning techniques, analyze very large data sets and construct metrics using these modeling techniques.
· Guide critical business decisions by highlighting opportunities, identifying correlations, defining experiments and figuring out cause and effect relationships.
Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or equivalent.
· Demonstrated track record in effectively communicating complex analysis and insights to senior leaders both verbally and in writing.
· Technical capability to query large data sets and apply statistical models. Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technologies. We use SQL, Redshift, PERL, Ruby and R.
· A sense of humor and demonstrated ability to have fun.
· Relevant domain knowledge working with vast data-sets and developing predictive algorithms to solve complex business problems.
· Ability to mentor team members in data analysts and statistical techniques.
· Demonstrated experience improving an area of a company's business through the application of business analytics, statistical models, optimization techniques and/ or machine learning.
· Experience with web analytics, retail and life type value models.
AMZR Req ID: 464551