King County Sheriff's Office Business and Finance Officer III in Seattle, Washington
The Department of Community and Human Services (DCHS) provides equitable opportunities for people to be healthy, happy, self-reliant and connected to community.
The DCHS Finance Section is looking for a skilled, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic team player to collaboratively lead, develop and manage government funds, which include multiple funding sources in various programs and services.
The Business and Finance Officer III reports to the Financial Services Administrator and manages the daily accounting and budget functions within the department. This position plays a key role in the preparation of the biennial operating budget, tracking and analyzing expenditures, maintaining the integrity of the operating budget, overseeing accounting functions and reviews expenditures with management and project managers which helps drive the strategic decision making process for their programs.
*WHO MAY APPLY: *The Department of Community and Human Services values diverse perspectives and life experiences. The Department encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, veterans, and those with lived experiences.
REQUIRED MATERIALS: Candidates who wish to be considered for this position must submit an online King County application and respond to the supplemental questions. WORK SCHEDULE: ** This position is exempt and not eligible for overtime. Typical hours are Monday - Friday 8am-5pm.
RECRUITER: Susan.Churchill@kingcounty.gov Job Duties:
- Serve as the financial lead for multiple government funds by answering questions, supervising finance staff, accessing workload, setting priorities, providing staff training and mentoring.
- Supervision of staff includes the accounts payable function.
- Lead, prepare, revise, and review budgets, evaluate proposed expenditures and revenues, and perform detailed financial analysis and make recommendations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial and other technical criteria for expenditure contracts.
- Oversee accounting and financial reporting systems in area of responsibility including review of transactions.
- Review expenditures for compliance with grant, contracts, memorandum of agreement, and internal policy and make adjusting entries as needed.
- Oversee monthly financial reporting to program staff.
- Coordinate, interpret and implement federal, state, county and local laws, policies and procedures.
- Monitor contracted agencies' financial performance including financial records, audit reports, and statements, and communicate monitoring reports to internal and external audiences.
- Evaluate fiscal processes for efficiency and work with fiscal and program staff to implement changes as needed for continuous improvement.
- Assist with department-wide financial management as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of budgeting, finance, managerial and financial accounting.
- Ten years of progressive accounting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of analytical and management systems.
- Advanced knowledge of financial information systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of federal, state and local audit requirements.
- Knowledge of contract administration.
- Knowledge of human service programs, funding sources, policies and requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience processing and reconciling complex financial transactions.
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of county programs, funding sources, policies and requirements
- Three years supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration and/or equivalent education and experience
- Experience with Oracle/EBS, Hyperion and Oracle reporting systems
Job Title: Business and Finance Officer III
Opening Date/Time: Wed. 10/11/17 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 10/23/17 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $78,520.00 - $99,528.00 Annually
Job Type: Career Service, Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Location: Chinook Building - 401 5th Ave, Seattle, Washington
Department: Department of Community & Human Services