United Blood Services Phlebotmist/Phlebotomy - Mobiles in Scottsdale, Arizona
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant collection of blood and blood products. Works collaboratively as a member of the team and in alignment with the values of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Maintains good attendance and punctuality per the absence policy.
- Performs all duties related to the collection and handling of blood and blood products (e.g., computerized medical screening, phlebotomy, load, set-up, tear down, pack blood, and daily quality control).
- Communicates all pertinent information effectively and timely. Brings issues to the attention of those in authority or leadership positions, as necessary.
- Works as part of a team to achieve daily team production goals.
- Assists and supports other team members, as required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Drives the company vehicle, as required.
- Maintains complete and accurate records.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills in accordance with current customer service standards to represent a positive image for the company.
- Maintains and ensures equipment, vehicles, and facilities are in good working order.
- Maintains proficiency and certification for all tasks required by position.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
Knowledge/ Education: High School graduate or GED required.
License/ Certification: Valid in–state driver’s license preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year work experience preferred.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and instructions.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts.
- Must have good customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Ability to travel, as required.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
For more EEO information about applicant rights click here
For information about Pay Transparency rights click here
Our organization participates in E-Verify, for more information click here
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.
Organization: Blood Systems, Inc.
Primary Location: United States of America-Arizona-Scottsdale
Work Locations: 1001 AZ Scottsdale Oak (104) United Blood Services 6220 E. Oak St. Scottsdale, 85257
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting Close Date: Dec 29, 2016
Job Function: Donor Services
Req ID: 16001287
Employee Status: Full-time, Regular