Veterans Enterprise Technology Solutions Inc. Senior Systems Administrator - RHEL in Scott AFB, Illinois
Veterans Enterprise Technology Solutions Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job ID 2016-1196
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US - IL - Scott AFB
Posted Date 11/29/2016
Close Date ..
VETS Inc is hiring for a full time Senior System Administrator - RHEL to support one of our Government Contracts onsite at Scott AFB.
This position will be responsible for performing complex systems engineering and administration tasks. This position is primarily focusing on the discovery, design, implementation, and sustainment of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) hosting architecture. Installs, maintains, and reviews system specifications, designs, and solutions. Assists in developing RHEL architecture hosting standards and policies. Works as part of a project team in the integration of system engineering modifications or stand- alone solutions to engineering support requirements.
- 7+ years RHEL/Linux Server administration and troubleshooting experience
- Familiar with high availability/clustering concepts and engineering
- Familiar with fundamental networking/distributed computing environments and concepts. Can configure NFS and NIS, use nslookup or research to check information in the DNS.
- Very comfortable with most aspects of the Unix operating system in an X86 environment: container/virtual machine (VM) configuration and administration, paging/swapping, inter-process communication, devices and device driver fundamentals, file system concepts like inode and superblock.
- Experience working with physical and virtual servers/workstations
- Comprehension of common network concepts: VLAN, Switching, OSI layers
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and Ethernet networking
- Server hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge in network standards
- Strong knowledge in enterprise level storage and standards
- Has strong inter-personal and communication skills: capable of training users in complex topics, making presentations to internal groups. Able to write intricate system and user documentation. Capable of writing and explaining purchase justifications.
- Experience monitoring and supporting computer systems
- Ability to write detailed scripts in at least one, preferably two administrative languages, (shell scripts, Perl, Tk).
- Ability to perform most security audits, and protect the system against intrusion.
- Security + CE and RHCSA or RHCE certifications
- Secret Clearance
- BA/BS Information Systems or other technology related academic focus or equivalent: 7-10 years experience in an information technology related field.
- RHEL working knowledge
- VMware scripting (Power-CLI & others)
- Operational knowledge of shares and datastores
- Systems engineering experience
- Network storage experience, SAN/NAS, such as NetApp
- RSA experience
- Significant programming background in any applicable language
- System capacity analysis and planning
- Experience with large datacenter operations to include power management, rack organization, networking, and storage
- Working knowledge of Army information assurance methods and practices
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs