HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Registered Nurse - Psychiatric Care and Chemical Dependency BHU - Weekends Only - Incentive Pay - Friday, Sat and Sunday - Relocation Offered - Doctors Hospital of Sarasota in Sarasota, Florida
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Registered Nurse? Become part of an awarding team of Registered Nurse here at Doctor’s Hospital of Sarasota. Doctor's Hospital of Sarasota is currently seeking a Registered Nurse for the Behavioral Health "Serenity Place" Department. This Registered Nurse position is a full time day weekend position for a Registered Nurse. The scheduled for a Registered Nurse would be Sat, Sun and Wed. We have a dynamic team of Registered Nurse on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Registered Nurse to the team. Our team of Registered Nurse take pride in nursing. Did you know that Doctor's Hospital of Sarasota has been named in Modern Healthcare as a Top 100 Places to Work? Become a part of our team of Registered Nurse today. / / Founded in 1967, Doctors Hospital of Sarasota is a 155-bed facility located in the heart of Sarasota County, Florida. Doctors Hospital of Sarasota (DHOS) is part of the HCA North/West Florida Division of Hospitals, a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized healthcare programs that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in North, West and Central Florida & Georgia communities. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services.
In addition to being named among the Top 100 in the nation by Thomson Reuters, Doctors Hospital received the Everest Award for being both a 100 Top Hospital current performance winner and one of the 100 most improved hospitals on their five-year trend performance. DHOS has also been repeatedly named among the Top 101 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs by Becker’s Hospital Review. / / OurBehavioral Health Unit,called “Serenity Place”, is a 16-bed unit, offering exceptional, holistic care for the patients we serve. Serenity Place is the only voluntary, inpatient behavioral health unit for patients 50 years of age and older in the local Sarasota area.Our Registered Nurse take pride in nursing.
- Skill Mix: Registered Nurse, RN & Mental Health Techs, a Recreational Therapist, 2 attending Psychiatrists, and 2 Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Private rooms (with private bathroom) are provided for every patient staying at Serenity Place in a dedicated wing of the hospital to ensure confidentiality and privacy.
- Major diagnoses treated: Defined Axis I disorders, major depression, Bipolar, co-occurring disorders due to medications; Benzo/Opiate detox;
- Activities offered: Music, Dance, Reminiscence, Educational Groups, Individual/Group Therapy sessions, Loss Management, Relapse Prevention, AA meetings, Coping Skills
- Special Certifications Needed: BLS through the American Heart Association and CPI
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0700-1930, 1900-0730); Full Time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend; overtime available, but not mandatory; Self-scheduling is available
- Dress code: Professional scrubs (individual provides their own)
- Further details about Serenity Place and the Behavioral Health Services offered at DHOS are available at:http://doctorsofsarasota.com/our-services/behavioral-health.dot. Make excellence your goal by joining Doctors Hospital of Sarasota team of Registered Nurse. To learn more and to apply, go to www.DoctorsofSarasota.com .
#-LI-KB1FL / /
- Current licensure as an RN in the State of Florida.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider through the American Heart Association.
- Prior Behavioral Health RN experience desired.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Title: RN Registered Nurse - Psychiatric Care and Chemical Dependency BHU - Weekends Only - Incentive Pay - Friday, Sat and Sunday - Relocation Offered - Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
Location: Florida-Sarasota-Doctors Hospital - Sarasota
Requisition ID: INT-01147-3237