Intermountain Healthcare Physical Therapist, Inpatient Rehab in Sandy, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
For more than 30 years, families in the south Salt Lake Valley have relied on Alta View Hospital to provide advanced medical care in friendly, supportive environment. We play a trusted role in keeping our community healthy and active. From sports injuries to post surgery rehab, the rehabilitation staff at Alta View Hospital is prepared to provide to care for our patient’s needs.
This position is part of our inpatient team, treating a variety of injuries in an inpatient setting.A Physical Therapist (DPT) coordinates with other health care professionals working towards Intermountain Healthcare’s healing commitment to produce the best possible outcomes for patients. A Physical Therapist is an essential part of the healing team that is engaged in the process of evaluating and treating patients. They design, implement and continuously modify and adapt Physical Therapy programs for each patient according to assessments and goals desired. They educate patients and families regarding proper rehab methods and techniques. They are able to have a positive impact and make a difference to those they serve.
This is a part-time position, working approximately 10 hours a pay period, covering at least two weekend shifts per month. Weekend coverage includes both Saturday and Sunday, shifts scheduled between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In addition, incumbent will cross-train to provide PRN coverage for the outpatient physical therapist.
Entry Rate: $32.30, commensurate with experience
Benefits Eligible: No
Shift Details: This is a part-time position, working approximately 12-16 hours a pay period, covering at least two weekend shifts per month. Weekend coverage includes both Saturday and Sunday, hours fall between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. In addition, availability to provide PRN coverage for either the inpatient or outpatient team.
Department: Physical Therapy
Additional Details: Alta View Hospital inpatient rehab team
- Licensure by the state of Utah to practice as a Physical Therapist or license eligible
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Basic computer skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, and Walking.
- Clinical background experience in a healthcare setting
- Possess skill sets and experience with target population of job setting
- Previous inpatient experience highly preferred
- Must demonstrate the ability to assess patient information and make appropriate recommendations
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 5
Primary Work Location Alta View Hospital
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-Sandy, US-UT-Salt Lake City