Canyons School District .5 Special Education Resource Teacher - Oak Hollow Elementary in Sandy, Utah
.5 Special Education Resource Teacher - Oak Hollow Elementary
For questions, please email: Special
Location:Oak Hollow Elementary
Pay Rate:Salary Schedules
The Canyons School District is now accepting applications for a part-time Special Education Resource Teacher at Oak Hollow Elementary School.
The Special Education Teacher is responsible for providing education to children with disabilities and creating a positive learning environment where students develop the skills to become critical thinkers and problem solvers. Special Education Teachers maintain a safe environment; establish rapport with students, parents and colleagues; and motivate pupils to develop attitudes and knowledge that will help them reach their career potential and be college ready. Special Education Teachers adjust, modify, and differentiate curriculum and use effective research-based methods of instruction to suit each student’s needs.
Mild/Moderate endorsement required.
Please apply on Teachers to Teachers.com
188 day contract
• Teach students with disabilities the core content area(s) outlined in the USOE’s Core Curriculum,
and adopted by the Board of Education, using research-based strategies and materials correlated
with other approved learning activities and adjusted to suit each student’s needs.
• Administer and score standardized assessments
• Write and conduct IEP meetings
• Maintain student records as required by IDEA
• Case Manage Special Education Students
• Assure confidentiality of all students’ information
• Instruct pupils in citizenship
• Meet regular, punctual and predictable attendance requirements
• Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group
• Translate lesson plans into learning experiences to best utilize the available time for instruction.
• Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning
atmosphere in the classroom and develop an individualized behavioral plan when needed
• Evaluate pupils’ academic and social growth, maintain appropriate records, and prepare progress
• Communicate with parents through conferences, telephone calls, e-mails, student planners, school
website, and other means, to discuss pupils’ progress
• Identify pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in helping pupils solve
health, academic, social and psychological challenges.
• Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction and
• Provide and maintain a safe and supportive environment in the classroom, on the school campus,
and on field trips
• Maintain professional competence through staff development education activities provided by the
school district and self-selected professional growth activities
• Demonstrate professional ethics as outlined by the Utah Professional Practices Advisory
• Participate in faculty meetings as required
• Function as a member of the Special Education team by attending meetings and collaborating with
• Administer appropriate pupil attendance policies and procedures
• Participate in appropriate educator evaluation procedures as per District guidelines
• Participate in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities
• Maintain required inventory records
• Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and
• Understand and adhere to all laws, Special Education policies and procedures and District policies
• Strong oral and written communication skills with students, parents, and staff
• Effective problem solving, organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with pupils, parents, school staff,
District staff, and patrons
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
• Requires a valid Professional Educator License for the State of Utah within the relevant “License
Area of Concentration” and, if applicable, “Endorsement”.
• Requires No Child Left Behind Highly Qualified Status for NCLB teaching assignments.
• Requires a cleared criminal background check
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS---Not limited to the following:
• While performing the duties of this job, the teacher is regularly required to speak and/or hear. The
employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or
crouch. The teacher is occasionally required to use hands to handle or feel and must occasionally
climb or balance.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision and depth perception.
NOTE: The Administration reserves the right to require specific training for this position. However, depending
upon the type and quality of prior work experience and availability of formal training programs, some
exchanges can be made between training and experience.
• This description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be
performed by an employee assigned to this position.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge and experience requirements; the
machines, tools and equipment used; background; and any licenses or certifications required.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
of this position.
• The teacher must be able to respond to the unique educational needs of students with disabilities
in a stressful setting.
• This job may emphasize intervention with and management of aggressive and self-abusive
students, angry students, emotional students, students with infectious diseases, and personal
How to apply: (Not currently CSD teacher)
All interested applicants must be screened at the district level before they can be considered by the school.
To apply please follow this link: www.teachers-teachers.com/employer/canyons-school-district-6537. Submit an application to the candidate pool(s) that you are qualified for. If the job is not listed we are not interviewing new applicants for that subject at this time.
For more detailed instructons on how to use teachers-teachers.com and our hiring process click here and look under "Licensed School Personnel Positions."
“Americans with Disability Act: If reasonable accommodations are need to assist you with the application or hiring process please contact the Canyons School District office of Legal Services at 801-826-5061, Fax 801-826-5098 or mailing address 9361 S. 300 E., Sandy, UT 84070.”