HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgical Technician II (Per Diem) in San Jose, California
We’re hiring top talent today to join an outstanding Surgery Team that strive for excellence in servicing our patients at Good Samaritan Hospital. Interested in joining this team? Apply online now.
Schedule/Shift:PRN - Per Diem (as needed)
Internal Posting Period: 09/12/2016 – 09/19/2016
Under minimal supervision, prepares for surgical procedures and arranges sterile set-up of instrument table according to established procedures. Assists surgeons by passing instruments and supplies, holding retractors, and anticipating surgeons' needs during the course of surgery. Takes responsibility for instruments in the operating room and stores supplies and equipment. Performs quality monitoring and maintains records and reports results.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology, operating room and patient safety, body substance isolation, and medical terminology.
- Successful completion of a program in operating room procedures, surgical instrumentation and sterile technique.
- Minimum five years’ experience in an acute care facility as a Surgical Tech or employed a minimum of six (6) months at Good Samaritan Hospital as a Surgical Tech.
- Current BCLS required.
- Ability and experience precepting both Registered Nurses and Surgical Techs on scrub techniques and knowledge required.
- Reading, writing and communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact with patients, surgeons and other patient care personnel, often during emergency or stressful situations.
- Self motivated and able to function without direct supervision while maintaining accountability for performance. Must be able to react quickly and calmly in an emergency situation. Independently gathers information on new procedures and equipment and presents them to the operating room staff at report or staff meetings.
- Able to anticipate needs of department, surgeons and patients and secure appropriate results.
- Analytical and concentration skills to organize prepare and execute the technical tasks required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to stoop, reach and lift at least fifty pounds.
- Ability to assume responsibility for one or more operating room service lines and acts as a resource for that service, it’s procedures, instrumentation, surgeon’s preferences and maintain the services supplies.
- Ability to correct computerized preference cards as needed and enters the changes.
- Ability to work with equipment and supply reps to evaluate products, acts as liaison for the surgeons.
Title: Surgical Technician II (Per Diem)
Location: California-San Jose-Good Samaritan Hospital
Requisition ID: 03360-16523