Imperial Parking (U.S.), LLC. Human Resources Coordinator in San Jose, California
The Human Resources Coordinator will assist with the administration of the day to day operations of the HR function and duties for Impark Santa Clara County. This position will report to the Accounts Manager and collaborate with other corporate Human Resources staff. The incumbent will be a strategic partner, employee advocate, and mentor and will be responsible for full-cycle recruitment, new hire on-boarding and orientation, employee relations, and safety prevention and risk management.
- Responsible for full-cycle recruiting including, advertising, posting, review of applications, phone screens, and in person interviews.
- Provide daily and weekly reporting for Transportation team.
- Assist as needed with compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping.
- Processing and evaluating each document during the hiring process (driving history, background results, drug test results, pull notice notifications, etc.).
- Responsible for completion of payroll data entry and review.
- Lead Safety Committee and develop and promote employee safety awareness throughout the organization (i.e., daily, weekly or monthly safety line-ups, worker’s compensation prevention and review of employee return to work).
- Discuss policies and issue disciplinary actions as needed; including suspensions and terminations.
- Responsible for the procurement and promotion of selected Valet Supervisor for new hire valet.
- Helps with the implementation of policies and programs to assists the company with performance management, which includes assessing and managing employee behavior.
- Required to mentor parking valet attendants and supervisors, and provide support as needed.
- Actively participate in preparation and deliverables for annual meetings.
- Develop a program focused on the Standards of Excellence.
- Support management team with health screening required.
- Assist with the development and facilitation of Manager Training.
- Provide feedback to parking attendants in order to improve exceptional parking services to all customers.
- Additional projects as assigned.
*Essential Skills and Abilities *
- Exemplary customer service orientation.
- Willing to commute to Palo Alto & San Francisco when needed.
- Provide clear and considerate verbal and written communication to co-workers and guests.
- Possess basic mathematical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook); Internet use.
- Detail oriented and highly analytical with the ability to meet time specific deadlines.
- Ability to actively participate in Union grievances and Board of Adjustments hearings.
- Strong organizational skills.
*Educational and Professional Experience Requirements *
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Human Resources
- A minimum of two (2) years’ professional parking operations experience or equivalent.
- Union Experience is a plus
The job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. The job description is subject to change without notice
Impark is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Key words: human resources, recruitment, coordinator, recruiter, safety, customer service, excel expert, hospital, payroll, audit, worker’s compensation, employee relations, generalist, specialist, transportation, parking
Location: San Jose, CA
Job Code: 4640
Date Posted: 12/1/16
# of openings: 1