HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Case Manager PRN - Behavioral Health in San Jose, California
_Schedule:_0.01, Per Diem, *Shift:*Variable, as needed
*Internal Posting Period:*September 19, 2016 - September 26, 2016
The Case Manager is responsible for utilization review and discharge planning for assigned patient population. She/he manages and coordinates the resources necessary and appropriate for the achievement of maximal clinical and financial patient outcomes. She/he provides direct service to patients and their families for emotional support, education, and information regarding community resources and discharge planning.
Reviews all patients for severity of illness and intensity of service using InterQual IS/SI criteria
Conducts concurrent stay review to ensure patient continues to meet criteria
Initiates referrals to Physician Advisor on questions of appropriate admissions, continued stay, and quality of care. Discusses cases with PA’s and contacts attending physician with result of the review
Work closely with attending physicians to insure appropriate documentation
Provide concurrent review to third party payors
Assesses and evaluates the patient’s functional status and appropriate level of care needed after discharge
Interview patients and families to formulate and implement a discharge plan
Maintains a current referral network and knowledge base of community resources and services
Makes appropriate contacts and referrals to meet
Coordinates all transfer to other facilities
Documents through the Meditech system all discharge planning activities
Maintains and cultivates good working relationships with physicians regarding patient’s discharge/level of care
Provides additional duties as assigned
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Registered Nurse with a currentCalifornialicense Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Provider Course.
- Minimum of two to five years experience in an acute care facility required.
- Demonstrates excellent communication, written and collaboration skills.
- Creative in problem solving and systems planning and management.
- Self-directed and able to work under pressure and constant change.
- Demonstrates positive, professional relationships with department staff, physicians, hospital personnel and others, thereby promoting teamwork.
- Ability to learn and use computerized patient care management system.
Title: Case Manager PRN - Behavioral Health
Location: California-San Jose-Good Samaritan Hospital
Requisition ID: 03360-16594