General Motors Product Owner - GCC0001224 in San Francisco, California
GCCX Advanced Development and Concept team is looking for an ambitions and creative Product Owner who will contribute to the development of a product/platform that will support Ride Sharing Autonomous Vehicle. As a member of the Advanced Development and Concept team, this individual will work hand in hand with stakeholders and software developers throughout the entire platform development lifecycle in order to define, design, develop and deliver ground breaking applications that re-define the driving experience.
- Work with cross-functional groups across GCCX and Vehicle Development to build and support intelligent software.
- Develop an understanding of the customer’s needs
- Define Product Backlog and Product Roadmap
- Set a clear vision and release plan for the product / platform
- Constantly re-prioritize the Product Backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority
- Actively manage internal and external stakeholders
- Provide regular reporting including product scope, schedule and planning
- Working with the product team to provide clear vision, direction and priority
- Establish open lines of communication among stakeholders
- Application of techniques to establish, motivate and retain high performance software development team
- Create and organize all documentation surrounding the product/platform
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Required Skills and Experience
- Required a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or other related technical field.
- 5+ years Software Product and/or Product Management
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of the organization
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Ability to understand complex systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
- Ability to manage a range of different personality types in a facilitative and mature manner
- A proven ability to plan, undertake and finish activities to achieve high quality results
- Demonstrate knowledge in software development practices and methodologies.
- Demonstrated commitment to keep sensitive information confidential
- Passionate about self-driving technology