Constellation Brands, Inc. Manager, Marketing - Wine & Spirits in San Francisco, California
The Marketing Manager is responsible for business analysis, brand communication and new product and program development. This role is critical component of the brand’s growth. This position is located in San Francisco, CA.
• Take a proactive role in identifying category opportunities to develop strategic marketing plans that leverage the positioning of the brand within and across all markets nationally.
• Brief and lead cross-functional through product initiatives - Supply Chain, Purchasing, R&D, and Packaging.
• Drive the development and execution of programs across all marketing touch points (Packaging, Advertising, Trade, Education, POS, and Consumer Programs).
• Serve as primary contact / liaison between the Spirits Marketing, Field Sales, and cross- functional support teams.
• Work closely with internal/ external agencies and resources (Agency partners, Creative Services, Strategic Insights) to develop and produce programs, collateral & presentation support materials in accordance with budgeted objectives to obtain maximum sales volume in relation to marketing and sales objectives.
• Ensure programs and tactics are produced and delivered on budget & on time through the established programming planning process.
• Develop, negotiate and manage tie-in partner agreements/relationships for all programs.
• Collaborate with the key stake holders (Sales, Agencies, Operations) to assure timely execution of all programming.
• Manage day-to-day work flow & discussion with support resources (Agencies, Sales etc) teams regarding project milestones / updates to ensure efficient execution thereof.
• Work closely with Constellation Brands Legal department to assure compliance of all programming, collateral and representative executions - all markets / all channels.
• Assure that brand standards & equities are maintained for each Account (Channels, Chains) throughout all mediums of communication: POS, collateral materials and events (for both internal & external partnerships).
• Manage marketing budgets and ensure programs meet spending parameters agreed to by key stakeholders (Brand Marketing, Sales, and Channel).
• Assess program effectiveness and viability via formal Program Evaluation (Pre, Post, ROI analysis), market survey with & to appropriate accounts / regions.
• Provide quarterly updates to Sr. Management regarding budgets and programming activity.
- Working closely with Finance, reconcile the GL and manage budgets to assure accurate and timely reporting (monthly) for respective assigned accounts.
• Analyze business- ie/ Accounts sold, depletions, etc.
• Track competitive activity.
• Analyze trends in category to seek gaps and opportunities in portfolio
• Field Sales: Work closely with regional Sales teams to understand the account and develop strategic initiatives therein.
• Cross Functional Teams: Lead Strategic Insights, Production, Customer Service and New Product Development teams to develop and deliver products.
• Trade Marketing & Project Management Teams: Partner with National, Local and Strategic Promotions personnel to ensure flawless execution of materials.
• Cross-Operating Company leadership: Partner and co-ordinate the development and execution of cross Operating Company Channel Promotions with appropriate stakeholder. (i.e, Crown Imports)
• Legal: Validate that promotions tactics comply with state and federal regulations.
• Distributors and Retailers: Establish rapport & relationship with key buyers in sync with Field Sales teams.
• Agencies and Suppliers: Maintain and grow relationships with suppliers, fulfillment houses, tie-in partners, design and production companies via Project Management team.
• Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred.
• Must have at least five years’ experience in marketing/brand management (alcoholic beverage preferred)
• Creative self-starter; ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Experience bringing new products to market.
• Strong business acumen and analytics.
• Experience managing budgets.
• Proven ability to think strategically and creatively in developing marketing strategies, tactics & initiatives.
• Exceptional organizational skills - 1st Class ability to manage deadlines and priorities. High quality & work standards.
• Detail-oriented, impeccable “multi tasker”.
• Ability to prioritize, and get things done in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong public presentation skills.
• A strong passion for the spirits industry
• Ability to build relationships with internal and external partners and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s values.
• Strong knowledge with syndicated data: IRI, Nielsen Other: Excellent command of all MSWord software: PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
Requisition ID: 6458