Flad Architects Architectural Associate (Experienced) in San Francisco, California
- Responsible for preparing presentation drawings and models and developing designs and technical solutions throughout all phases of a project. Become involved in coordination for internal team members and consultants.
- Develop a project's program into alternative conceptual design proposals. Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats.
- Generate revisions and corrections from outline mock-ups, redlined drawings and project document sets.
- Attend client meetings to observe the overall process and develop presentation skills.
- Participate in construction site visits to better understand the construction process.
- Recognize and document conflicts that arise during construction and development, and offer alternatives to resolve these issues.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in architecture required. Master's degree in architecture preferred.
- Five years recent and relevant architectural experience required. Previous project experience in one of Flad's market segments and/or construction administration experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of codes, construction standards, documentation and detailing practices required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and SketchUp required. Intermediate Revit knowledge required; have used Revit in academic and professional settings. Expert Revit knowledge preferred.
- Professional registration and LEED accreditation preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and 3D rendering software preferred.
Only candidates who submit work samples will be considered.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.