Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Vice President of Finance in San Diego, California
The Vice President of Finance reports directly to the President of the Kratos Public Safety & Security Solutions Division (KPSS) and works closely with other executives within Kratos to coordinate, plan and help organize the financial objectives of KPSS. This individual will provide leadership and coordination of divisional financial planning, reporting, and AOP (Annual Operating Budget) functions. The individual in this role will ensure company accounting procedures and reporting conforms to Kratos accounting principles and SOX compliance.
The Vice President of Finance will ensure that Kratos Finance policies and plans are met. This includes participation in company planning of internal and external audits, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, forecasting as well as special projects to ensure that financial needs among all KPSS departments are compliant, accurate, and coordinated in an efficient and timely manner. This position provides professional finance guidance and support to all departments to ensure that the assigned initiatives are accomplished successfully.
Experience and Skills:
Coordinate and oversee the KPSS Finance and Accounting Department including the Shared Services Accounting functions based in San Diego, and Accounting Departments throughout the KPSS regions * Direct and coordinate KPSS financial planning and budget management functions * Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance * Monitor and analyze monthly and quarterly operating results against budget * Oversee daily operations of the KPSS Finance and Accounting Departments * Manage the preparation of all financial reports * Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts * Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and acquisitions * Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements * Responsible for maintaining discipline and SOX compliance in all associated processes * Responsible for adhering to the Kratos Code of Ethical Conduct * Coordinate and collaborate with other departments of the corporation in establishing and carrying out financial responsibilities * Assist in establishing short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures * Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives * Serve on planning and policy-making committees, as requested * Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements * Represent the company externally to government agencies, auditors, and the general public * Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff * Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff * Assist, as necessary, with the KPSS ERP design and implementation * Perform sales commission review and approvals per the Kratos Approval Matrix * Other duties may be assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Manages and oversees the Finance and Accounting staff throughout the KPSS Division, including the Shared Services A/P Department, Field Accounting Managers, Project Accountants and Regional Collections Specialists.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Adheres to the Kratos Code of Conduct & Ethics
- Must comply with Kratos HR practices regarding performance management of direct reports
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Acquisition preparation and forecasting
- Thorough knowledge of project accounting, preferable in the security industry
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities
- Must possess the ability to conduct detailed analysis
- Must possess excellent time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive - but able to recognize and support the Companys preference and priorities
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
- High integrity and trustworthiness
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Delivers high-value, high-quality deliverables in a timely manner
- Ensures compliance within all areas of responsibility. Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures
- Interacts professionally with Regional Managers, Executive Team, and support personnel
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Must be in full compliance with company ethics and compliance program
- Good, consistent follow-up skills via voicemail, email, or site visits
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to travel as required
- Other responsibilities as designated by the President of KPSS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. in Finance, Accounting, or related field. Masters Degree preferred, and CPA required
- A minimum of ten years combined accounting/strategic business development experience to include increasing levels of responsibility is required as well as at least five years supervisory/management experience
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
The employee will likely be placed in an office. The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILI
Job Tracking ID: 85347-213803
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 20, 2016
Job Level: Management
Years of Experience: Any
Level of Education: Any
Starting Date: October 31, 2016