Northrop Grumman Systems Engineer 4 in San Diego, California
Systems Engineer 4
Requisition ID: 17007098
Location(s): United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Avionics and Tactical Networks (ATN) is an operating unit within the Communications business unit of the Airborne C4ISR Systems division of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems. ATN is located in the Rancho Carmel facility in San Diego, California.
We deliver complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation’s business focus area on Communications, we are the “equipment providers.” Our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation ground radios for land forces, and our Electronic Warfare subject matter experts are creating the next generation of Improvised Explosive Device (IED) countermeasures to keep our soldiers safe when in harm’s way.
This Systems Engineer (SE) will support a team by leading and performing: technical planning; system design and analysis; requirements development; and the allocation and communication of system requirements to hardware, software, and integration & test. This SE performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. This SE will be a lead contributor on our strong SE team, working to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer and product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
Systems Engineer 4 requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of related experience.
• US citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance as needed.
• Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering with 2 years experience;
• Understanding of deriving hardware and software requirements, design, development and testing of system integrations.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project).
• Good written and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and within groups.
• Current Secret security clearance and capable of successfully passing Extensive Background Investigation (EBI) for higher level clearances.
• Knowledge of RF/Digital circuitry
• Proficiency with test equipment (e.g. signal generators, scopes, analyzers, power meters).
• Candidate has understanding of DOORS.
• Master Degree in Electrical Engineering with 0 years experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Systems Engineer 4
Location: California-San Diego
Requisition ID: 17007098