Northrop Grumman Quality Inspector 2 (2nd Shift) in San Diego, California
Quality Inspector 2 (2nd Shift)
Requisition ID: 17006712
Location(s): United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Quality Inspector 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.. This position will be located in San Diego, California Rancho Carmel campus
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... Our Avionics & Tactical Networks (ATN) Operating Unit is seeking an Inspector
and will report into the Mission Assurance functional organization to support the JCREW contract.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• The selected candidate will use predetermined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to inspect visually in-process and completed products such as electronic units and subsystems, precision electromechanical
assemblies or mechanical units, subassemblies, structural flaws, internal defects, and missing welds.
• Uses various measuring devices.
• Accepts, rejects, or reworks defective or malfunctioning units or systems.
• Works from blueprints, diagrams, dial indicators, preset micrometers, scales, fixtures, customer specifications, drawing or inspection instructions and checklists.
• May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
• Performs line clearances after each lot to ensure all materials from the previous lot have been removed.
High School Diploma and 2 years additional education and/or experience.
Ability to lift 40 lbs from cart to table.
Walking, bending, and sitting for long periods of time may be required.
Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance with Special Program Access
Must be able to look through microscopes for long periods of time.
Must have basic computer skills, knowledgeable in word, excel.
SAP experience is a plus.
Working knowledge of hand tools such as Calipers, micrometers, pin gages, etc.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Quality Inspector 2 (2nd Shift)
Location: California-San Diego
Requisition ID: 17006712