BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) Packaging Technician I in San Diego, California
Job Description SummaryThe Packaging Technician I is responsible for dispensing liquid research reagents into customer facing vials/bottles, capping, labeling, and performing any final packaging required for finished goods inventory.
This position IS NOT related to shipping OR shipment packaging. This is a manufacturing type position and involves filling of liquid antibodies into small vials in a laboratory environment and using lab instruments such as pipettes, peristaltic pumps, and analytical balances. A science and/or manufacturing background is preferred.
1. Learn and understand: Basic Packaging process flow, Basic Inventory and supplies management process flow, Basic bottling techniques for all single vial purified and conjugate materials, Basic packaging processes including bagging and labeling, Use of pipette, scale and other packaging equipment as required, Support label creation process by learning and operating all labeling equipment
2. Meet daily/weekly/monthly departmental production objectives efficiently and effectively with a high degree of quality.
3. Must have ability to independently organize individual schedules to meet departmental goals.
4. Ability to follow general instructions on routine tasks and detailed instructions on new tasks.
5. Support departmental packaging supplies and material management function including storing, retrieving and staging supplies/materials as required.
6. Support technical manual and technical data sheet preparation and operate associated equipment to produce printed literature.
7. Support LDMS and daily shift start up meetings.
8. Understand and input packaging data, as required, in the SAP system and/or other Production Planning/Manufacturing Resource database system(s).
9. Follow all department guidelines and procedures
10. Follow BD Biosciences Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policies and procedures.
11. Takes responsibility for safety in immediate work area.
12. Participates in EH&S programs.
13. Notifies supervisors of all observed hazardous conditions or unsafe work practices.
14. May provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment.
15. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Minimum requirements for this position include:
· High school Diploma or equivalent
· Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
· Fundamental computer skills
· Perform basic math calculations
· 0-2 years relevant experience required
Primary Work LocationUSA CA - San Diego (BDB)
Work Shift1st Shift 6am-230pm (United States of America)
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status