Danaher Corporation Field Service Engineer in San Diego, California
Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bio-analysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for shareholders.
Our Global Service Business is one of the fastest growing (15-20% growth during the last 2 years) and most profitable parts of Molecular Devices. In this role, you will join a team of dedicated field service professionals to help the service continue to win by helping to identify new ways for us to add value for our customers, consistently providing timely, high quality, on-site troubleshooting and maintenance services for high-performance bio-analytical measurement and research systems.
- Identify business opportunities that help us continue to deliver double-digit growth.
- Quickly become technically proficient in the support of Drug Discovery and Bio-Production products, so that you can provide consistent, world class levels of service and support to our customers.
- Efficiently deliver our Services to minimize customer downtime and our costs.
- Foster and maintain positive and professional relationships with both external and internal customers to exceed their service expectations.
- Promote a consistently positive image of the service organization, our company values, and the value of our products and services.
Molecular Devices is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Biology, or related field is preferable. We will consider appropriate experience in the industry and/or previous successful field service experience. * Minimum of 5 years of experience with scientific research instruments, scientific background, or similar technical profession. Previous successful field service position is a plus. * Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications. Ability to quickly learn and master additional software applications desired. * Up to 50% travel. Must be willing and able to pass drug testing as needed to access customer sites requiring substance abuse screening. * A passion for winning and for contributing to the success of the team * Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities, with strong attention to detail. * Must be comfortable with managing total customer relationships/experiences. * Proven self-starter with an outstanding work ethic and history of superior performance * Must be able to lift and move up to 75 lbs. Frequent bending, squatting, and standing are required
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Molecular Devices
Job Function: Product Management
Primary Location: North America-United States-CA-San Diego
Req ID: MOL001598