MedImpact, Inc. Client Services Manager I, II or III in San Diego, California
Client Services Manager I, II or III
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
This Client Services Manager is responsible for leading and managing all operational aspects of servicing and retaining clients. This position is responsible for managing the transition of new business into MedImpact effectively, accurately and timely. This individual ensures consistent customer satisfaction during the life cycle of the client from Conception, Implementation, Business Relationship Management and Renewal by leading and collaborating with their assigned client team, over 30 business units, and continually interacting with customers and consultants.
The Client Services Manager is ultimately accountable for ensuring consistent customer satisfaction, delivering successful projects, building and maintaining solid business relationships and successfully executing the delivery of additional revenue to MedImpact. They are also responsible to ensure products, services and project deliverables are consistent with client service agreements, appropriate service levels are achieved, project timelines and deliverables meet client requirements, issues are identified and resolved timely, and client satisfaction is achieved throughout the life cycle of the client relationship. This position works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, builds, and maintains solid client business relationships beginning with a positive on- boarding experience and continuing throughout the life cycle of the client, including clear rules of engagement, orientation and adherence to MedImpact processes and services, communication of client commitments and expectations to internal partners, and successful management of the client’s day-to-day operations and new implementations
- Ensures appropriate levels of service and operational support to assigned clients by understanding and championing clients’ operating requirements throughout the organization, including client business model, targeted markets, benefit design objectives, pharmacy network composition, overall claims adjudication expectations, reimbursement methodologies, metrics, and reporting tools
- Proactively maintain and improve upon service performance levels and works across the organization to expeditiously resolve issues, escalate service recovery efforts, provide timely feedback to internal and external customers, raise customer satisfaction levels, and ensure that service gaps and lessons learned are incorporated into the client performance and planning strategy processes
- Actively leads members of the core client team, and members of the extended team, in successfully meeting client needs and delivering flawless fundamentals during the business relationship management and renewal phases
- Adheres to strict procedural and quality standards, including thorough and accurate documentation, testing protocols, claims analysis, and thorough understanding of client technical and service specifications. Relies on experience, judgment, business and systems knowledge, and technical skill to plan and accomplish goals
- Leads the implementation process for the onboarding of new business for existing clients, including timely and accurate documentation/sign off of the Implementation Questionnaire and other related documents, communication of client commitments and expectations to internal partners, interpreting and providing context for client requests, ensuring appropriate review and customer sign-off, leading site visits, conference calls, and related responsibilities to ensure flawless implementations
- Utilizes project management skills to track milestones and deliverables, timely recognition/notification of risk indicators and provide regular status updates to Leadership internally/externally
- Manages the client and consultant in compliance with the client service agreement eliminating any risks to MedImpact for non-adherence
- Partners with multiple business units and teams to ensure the accuracy of claims adjudication set ups
- Completes special projects as assigned such as leading workgroups, overseeing projects/development of new system functionality, mentoring/training staff, etc.
- Proactively identify and recommend solutions for client and operational improvements
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
Depending on skills and experience, this position may be a Level I, II or III
Level I, II
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from a four (4) year college or university and two (2) years of client services or related account management experience. They will need at least two (2) plus years’ experience with Project Management or Project Coordination using best practices for project methodology, preferably in a healthcare, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), managed healthcare service organization, insurance company, or other health related entity, or equivalent combination of education and job related experience. Candidates must be familiar with healthcare related state and government regulations such as Medicaid, CMS, etc.
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from a four (4) year college or university and two (4) years of client services or related account management experience. They will need at least two (4) plus years’ experience with Project Management or Project Coordination using best practices for project methodology, preferably in a healthcare, Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), managed healthcare service organization, insurance company, or other health related entity, or equivalent combination of education and job related experience. Candidates must be familiar with healthcare related state and government regulations such as Medicaid, CMS, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced skill set in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Visio
- Experience as a user of multiple business software applications is required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Pharmacy Technician license or national certification is desired. Successful completion of MedImpact Internal Certifications required within one (1) year of active employment in role (i.e. MedAccess Certification, Cognos, and Med Coaching Certification).
Other Skills and Abilities
- Must be exceptionally consultative face to face with clients
- Outstanding numeric, verbal, written, logic, and analytical skills
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate proposed design solutions in a consultative manner, and provide input and guidance in a way that fosters understanding among internal partners and clients
- Good business acumen and understanding of the business processes of PBM services
- Good decision-making skills, including expert problem-solving skills, problem analysis and discernment under pressure
- Good planning, organizing, prioritizing, negotiating, team building, and leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to positively interact with clients at all levels of their organization
- Demonstrated accountability for achieving service commitments and ability to deliver results under tight time-lines
This position requires domestic travel of up to 30% of the time.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level I
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: San Diego, CA or Remote
# of openings: 1
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 330.161129.4447