MedImpact, Inc. Client Services Business Systems Analyst III or IV in San Diego, California
Client Services Business Systems Analyst III or IV
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Client Services Business Systems Analyst serves as the technical member of the client team. This individual will ensure timely and accurate service delivery while acting as the liaison between assigned client(s), client team members, and IT staff.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to create best-in-class solutions that integrate technology, information, and business processes
- Matches appropriate technology solutions to business needs
- Identifies, plans, develops, implements, and maintains business systems solutions that support client operational needs
- Maintains current understanding of client file layouts, relationships, & logic and how they operate in MedImpact business applications
- Provides technical consultation to the client team and related internal stakeholders
- Writes detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify business systems
- Translates requirements into business, system & functional requirements and partners with IT Developers in translating requirements into design specifications
- Develops queries to research, gather data and identify solutions
- Performs various types of analysis related to business and system changes/enhancements (gap, impact, risk etc.)
- Actively participates in the creation and monitoring of service and trouble requests from creation to implementation
- Creates and maintains related documentation/material pertinent to identified changes, such as work, data or process flows, analytical reports, decision support structures, use cases, as well as business rules, report design/mock-ups, etc.
- Ensures that the systems section of the client MedManual is current and properly documented
- Creates and maintains project plans including task identification, prioritization, sequencing of project tasks, test plans, and user acceptance testing
- Participates in developing and executing communication and training plans relevant to implemented changes
- Utilizes planning, prioritizing, and organizational skills to ensure timely deliverables, high levels of quality, and efficient use of resources to achieve reporting timeliness and accuracy
- Maintains commitment to operational goals in the face of obstacles
- Collaborates and cultivates positive relationships with internal and external customers through delivery of sustainable, measurable, accurate, reliable, and timely results that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Promptly responds to service failures, resolves issues, and escalates concerns as appropriate
- Promotes continuous improvement by ensuring adherence to quality principles
- Seeks out and actively participates in business initiatives that contribute to service excellence
- Actively participates in continued professional development to stay up to date on the latest technical and information management enhancements and data management best practices
*Education and/or Experience *
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from four (4) year college or university and three (3) to five (5) years of job related experience required in Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), Pharmacy, Managed Healthcare or similar role; or an equivalent combination of education and job related experience.
For consideration, candidate’s will need a Bachelor's degree from four (4)year college or university and four (4) to six (6) years of job related experience required in Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM), Pharmacy, Managed Healthcare or similar role; or an equivalent combination of education and job related experience.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office / Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and Outlook to create complex documents, manage schedules, and analyze data
- Business user of multiple software applications/processing systems
- Working knowledge of key business application such as SQL coding, Oracle forms, Golden 32, MedOptimize, Visio, knowledgeable of UNIX operating systems
*Other Skills and Abilities *
- Ability to effectively balance a high volume of work and a variety of tasks
- Ability to prioritize urgent issues effectively
- Strong analytic, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with high degree of accuracy and organizational skills
- Able to effectively work as a team player as well as independently
- Excellent investigative, problem resolution, judgment and decision- making skills required
- Excellent presentation and consultative skills, working with internal and external clients at various levels in the organization
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level I or II
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: San Diego, CA
# of openings: 1
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 386.161129.4448