Grant Thornton LLP Business Consulting & Technology I Technology Strategy and Management I Digital Services, Manager in San Diego, California
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 42,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader.
Business Consulting and Technology I Technology, Strategy and Management, Manager
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
Business consulting & technology transforms value. Our Business Consulting and Technology (BC&T) practice consists of Financial Management, Strategy & Performance Improvement, Technology Strategy and Management and Technology Solutions.
POSITION SUMMARY: Technology Strategy and Management Advisory practice focuses on growth companies to embrace digital technologies and advices them to transform processes and increase employee productivity and enhance client engagement.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Integral part of the digital transformation team to develop capabilities surrounding cloud, social, mobile, analytics, IoT and more
- Drive digital strategy and innovation projects for our clients
- Facilitate workshops and client meetings to develop strategy and roadmaps
- Manage projects using agile methodology to develop POC and production ready solutions
- Develop use case, drive insight and develop visualization from both structured and unstructured data elements
- Manage project team both onsite and remote to drive project deliverables
- Become an expert in specific digital service offering and participate in webcast and developing white papers / point of views
- Provide coaching and training to consultants towards digital technologies
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material
- Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
- Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
- Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: * Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus. * 5 – 10 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function, ie digital agency, servicing cross-industry clients at a national level. * Hands-on experience with digital technologies (cloud applications, mobile, social media) * Strong data analytics background with experience is developing use case, deep understanding of managing data and generating insights thru visualization * PMP or Agile scrum master a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
BENEFITS: Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton has revenue in excess of $1.56 billion and operates 58 offices across the United States with more than 565 partners and 8,000 employees.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: Business Consulting & Technology I Technology Strategy and Management I Digital Services, Manager
Location: CA-San Diego
Requisition ID: 036205