HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Access Supervisor - (Full Time - Days) - Metropolitan Methodist Hospital in San Antonio, Texas
Parallon pioneered the modern-day concept of healthcare shared services more than 12 years ago, perfecting revenue cycle management best practices and customizable technologies for the industry’s largest healthcare provider in 700 facilities and 1000 physician practices. Today, our team of more than 13,000 revenue cycle professionals applies unmatched expertise, scale and proven processes daily to improve financial performance and long-term sustainability at facilities nationwide.
The Patient Access Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of all functions and serves as the liaison between the Service Center and the facility. The Patient Access Supervisor integrates the department’s services with the hospital’s primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: • Staff and order supplies according to budget guidelines and department needs
• Assist with the processing of payroll for his/her direct reports by maintaining employee edit requests, PTO requests, etc.
• Maintain accurate attendance records for employees
• Maintain QA statistics (including patient wait times, etc.) and report results to the Director
• Assist with or performs employee evaluations with input from Director
• Directly oversee the daily activities of the registration areas to ensure department standards are met
• Continually educate all registration staff of any changes pertinent to their roles
• When appropriate, relieve staff members during employee sick/vacation time
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, and assignment of insurance benefits and payment of services from legally responsible patients
• Work closely and professionally with nursing and ancillary departments in an effort to maintain a teamwork approach
• Review daily pre-service log to ensure accounts have been activated
• Excel in all functions performed by patient representatives
• Update collection system and requests rebill when appropriate
• Collect/request deposits and copays
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
EDUCATION • High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
EXPERIENCE • Patient Access experience • Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
Title: Patient Access Supervisor - (Full Time - Days) - Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Location: Texas-San Antonio-Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Requisition ID: 08949-123928